Need Help With This Color

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm by Win

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 8

I need to make a cake looking like this guitar. What color would you guys use ? I know some color yellow, but what else ?

Thanks for the help.
Lisa
LL

7 replies
brightbrats Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone have any ideas ?

itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 8

I think a little yellow, orange and brown....should work for you

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 8

I would try to match the orange as close as possible with an Americolor shade, then add bits of brown until it reaches the color you want.

MrCake01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 8

Hey brightbrats,
Are you using BC or fondant. When I use fondant and color with brown at 1st it will color the fondant a camel color. I'm doing a fondant sculpture of a 2007 Pontiac G6 and the seats look a lot like the color of the guitar and I started with white ready to use Wilton fondant and four toothpick dips of brown Wilton gel and didnât have to add anything. You may have to add a little lemon yellow because I think mines may be a touch to brown but that may work. For the BC you can try lemon yellow, a little copper, and a little brown. Please let us know (show pics) how it turns out.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01

brightbrats Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone. I thing I am going to use fondant, customer didn't say, but I like the looks of cakes like this in fondant better. Hopefully I'll get the color down pat.

Another thing, the white part on the guitar, looks like it has a sparkly design, any ideas on how to do that ? Should I just use white sparkly glitter, or is there a better way ?

Lisa

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 8

I would start with small amounts of brown and peach then add a small amount of yellow if neeed icon_biggrin.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightbrats

Thanks everyone. I thing I am going to use fondant, customer didn't say, but I like the looks of cakes like this in fondant better. Hopefully I'll get the color down pat.

Another thing, the white part on the guitar, looks like it has a sparkly design, any ideas on how to do that ? Should I just use white sparkly glitter, or is there a better way ?

Lisa

I think your guitar needs an ivory base which, believe it or not, will come out very close to the veneer on your original picture. Then, I'd up the shine and depth of color by painting with vodka mixed with nut brown.

For the mother-or-pearl look, again I'd paint with super pearl dust and vodka, but I'd make it a little thicker consistency so that you can achieve the swirled look.

Happy Caking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%