Dummy Cake For Holiday Bazaar???

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 1:14pm by KristyCakes

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #1 of 3

A friend of mine and I are doing several Holiday Bazaar's this year where we are selling RI items for Gingerbread House's and Cupcake Kits. She wants me to do a Dummy Cake so we can showcase our Cake work, but I am stummped! I do Birthdays, Baby Shower and Novelty Cakes. Look at my work you can see what I have done...I am thinking I need to do 3-D, but what do I make????

2 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:54am
post #2 of 3

I did look at your work. I would go with Christmas theme (is it the right holiday time-wise?)
Easiest would be to steal ideas from your two cakes: Make a big Christmas tree - steal the look from your "landscaping" cake - the tree only and few mini cakes around it - again, steal the look from your "dots" cake but make it square, meaning present boxes.

If you are in time for Halloween - make a big pumpkin (round cake) or something similar. You will want to go only slightly above your "normal" level, but staying in the range of the cakes you normally do - meaning if you don't make carved 3D cakes (at all), don't make it for the display.

Good luck!

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 3

I know it's a Holiday Bazaar, but I find that at the holidays, most people don't order specialty cakes from me. It's mostly the big family events -showers, 1st birthdays, weddings, etc. What about a stacked wedding type cake - very elegant with white snowflakes to tie in with the season. Then maybe a detailed birthday cake to show your work. And, maybe you could make a sample of something small to give away... A packaged cookie (pumpkin, gingerbread or cinnamon remind me of holidays) with your business card?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%