My Avatar, How Many Say Get Rid Of It?

Lounge By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 2:27am by Jen80

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 29

He's a little ugly, OK. butt ugly. He belongs to me, I took his picture.

I must give you the back story.

I live out in the country.

The creepy little possum was only about 6 inches, he/she was really cute..

My brother, who's in Iraq, saw it and asked how did I get that picture.

It's only a little kid.

Personally, I like the sucker. It reminds me of all my friends and relatives that expect Phenomenal Cakes. When I'm not getting it done, I look at the guy and say they couldn't get a picture of you and don't have a clue of what they have asked me to do in cake.

Seriously, the pic, helps me to say stick it up your butt.

Should I get rid of the ugly kid?

28 replies
veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 29

Heck no!!!!

Is someone saying you should?

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:45am
post #3 of 29

If someone is saying you should get rid of it then tell them this

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowCoolGomo1

helps me to say stick it up your butt.

100% serious

you should have whatever you want

I like it by the way

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #4 of 29

I say keep him until you get sick of him. You can change your avatar whenever you want. I change mine all the time and so do a few others on here.

I wouldn't have said anything but this is the second time you've posted about it so I figured you might be feeling a little self concious of him.

We know it's not a reflection of the person that you are, just a picture that you like. It's no biggy. icon_biggrin.gif

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #5 of 29

I say keep it! But then I like all animals!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:12am
post #6 of 29

I like him, he's cute in a weird feral way.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:18am
post #7 of 29

Was someone picking on you? I like your avatar. Now, if you had a possum licking a cake that you were about to sell, that would be another issue icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif and this thread would be 10 pages long already.

But hey, I've seen other avatars in the past that were much more disturbing.

Maybe I should change mine to a picture of Lulu the Hellhog:

my rotten little pet

Jen80 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:27am
post #8 of 29

I know what possums are, we have them here in Australia. But, Texas_Rose, WHAT is a Helldog?

I've never heard of one before.
She's strange and cute at the same time.

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:31am
post #9 of 29

She's a hedgehog. I changed the name because she's not a cool pet at all...when you hold her, she bites you and then while her teeth are jammed into your flesh, she takes a big stinky dump all over your hand. She's laying on her back in the picture. They're covered with spikes and they roll in a ball when they're scared.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:36am
post #10 of 29

Seriously, Texas Rose did you send me a pic of a Rat?

I won't have problems with you that you might own pet rats! They can be very attractive.

I would love to meet the person who does it.

That person in Oz, well, we're just screwed!

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:45am
post #11 of 29

T R, hedgehog, love you! Can't believe you actually own something everyone want's to imitate.

I do have 5 acres, you can talk to me about leaving the fellow at my house.

Sorry you got bit.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen80

I know what possums are, we have them here in Australia. But, Texas_Rose, WHAT is a Helldog?

I've never heard of one before.
She's strange and cute at the same time.

====
just kidding you with the following: icon_lol.gif
====

what? icon_eek.gif a subject of the queen....

what? icon_surprised.gif of long ago British descent (supposedly)

what? from a delightful tradition of British children's stories?

and doesn't recognize that oft featured creature in those stories, a part of British lore?

and irresistible or totally irritable ball of fur ...

the hedgehog?

aka the balls hit with flamingo mallets in Alice in Wonderland??

aka character who gets the line sure to send the parents into hysterics while little children look on and go what's so funny mommy * in the children's theater play "The Great Cross Country Race" by Alan Broadhurst (a retelling of the tortoise and the hare story from a very distinctively British point of view and sense of humor)?

aka part of the shout of alarm (mad hedgehogs) raised by the citizenry of the town as they rush to their church in response to the bells being run by Sampson the Cat and Arthur the Mouse and his pals in Graham Oakley's "The Church Mouse?"

----

LOL! --- OH YEAH -- that's right --

the KOALA has supplanted the hedgehog in Australian lore.

-----

* and for those who want to know -- :

-- there is a scene where the hare, having eaten a human fisherman's lunch is very sick to his tummiy and visits Mr. Spiney (the hedgehog) for help

(quoting directly from the script which is open in front of me)

Spiney: ... Well, come on quickly and have this raw egg, and you'll be as right as rain and twice as fast! Oh--do you suck or dip?

Hare: Do I what?

Spiney: Suck the egg through a hole, or break it open and dip your paw in it and lick it? I suck myself.

Hare: How do I know. (this line is rarely heard due to parents in hysterics!)

------

nah, I'm not a total theater nerd and "kiddy lit"er fan!

===============

and re: the possum avatar -- maybe we should have a "name the possum" contest

Jen80 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:39am
post #13 of 29

Doug, our schools aren't big on literature. Which is a shame. But if we can read and right well enough, that's good enough for them. So, if I'm watching an American movie and someone quotes Charles Dickens or Shakespear and such. I'm usually like: What? icon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gif

I've heard of hedgehogs and I thought I knew what they looked like. (Obviously I don't.)

I knew they were small, had spikes and rolled up in a little ball when scared. So I just assumed they looked like our Echidna.

I do know this quote: "Never assume, because it makes an A$$ out of U and ME." icon_redface.gif

Just edited the highlighting on the U in case anyone thought I was calling Doug an A$$. icon_lol.gif (Which I had no intention of doing.)
LL

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:47am
post #14 of 29

I think the possum is cute.

Then again, I think the hedgehog is cute, too.

Doug--now I'm going to have to look up that play. DS is very interested in theater, and is in the "Children's Theater" class at his high school. The students get to suggest the play for the next semester, and they're getting kind of tired of fairy tales. (Although when they're done with them, they are just a wee bit different from what I remembered.)

I'm on CC tonight, avoiding cleaning, while DS and DH are at rehearsals for the community theater's production of Phantom.

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:08am
post #15 of 29

Jen, I've never heard of an Echidna before. It looks like it might be related to the hedgehog, or to porcupines. The hedgehog has shorter spikes and a shorter nose. Ours is an African hedgehog, which is smaller than the ones they have in England. In the wild they eat bugs, but in captivity they mostly eat cat food.

We got ours from Craigslist for $30. My daughter really had to have her and now won't do anything with her...just like DH with the fish tank icon_biggrin.gif

Not trying to take attention away from the dear little possum though icon_biggrin.gif

And Doug, Lewis Carroll probably owned a hedgehog...I know I've wanted to take a croquet mallet to the little sucker when she's bitten me hard enough to draw blood (not to squish her of course, just maybe roll her across the room LOL)

Jen80 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:38am
post #16 of 29

She's so CUTE!!

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:18am
post #17 of 29

I don't know how you would get me to own a hedgehog in SW Central TX. but TX Rose you have made me want to get one.

You give better pictures, just off the top.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:10am
post #18 of 29

Thank you every one.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:37am
post #19 of 29

TR rose, she is beyond cute.

Heck, I only got a pic of a little kid.

I have rules about animals that bite, make sure they hate life. I bite back.

My in house animals get the OMG I will kill you with the bug slapper. This translates to me swinging a fly swatter. Some actually get it, the others, must be dragged.

I'm glad you own it. 'Cause the pics, make me want to own it.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:17pm
post #20 of 29

If someone is giving you a hard time about your avatar maybe all of us who have "gross" pets in our homes should put pictures of them up for ours.

We have a snake at our house and I can get a picture of him while he's eating. icon_twisted.gif

I can't believe someone would take the time to bother another member about their avatar.

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 12:44am
post #21 of 29

I have made a decision.

I like the little kid!

The people, who said, it wasn't cool, can stick it up my cake. After all they are the people, that can't get it done.

Thank you everyone. He's ugly, but he is mine.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:44pm
post #22 of 29

[quote="Jen80"]Doug, our schools aren't big on literature. Which is a shame. But if we can read and right well enough, that's good enough for them. So, if I'm watching an American movie and someone quotes Charles Dickens or Shakespear and such. I'm usually like: What? icon_confused.gif

Sorry that this is off topic, but seriously Jen, to make such a sweeping generalisation about our schools just because You might not be big on literature is ridiculous... "dumbing down" really annoys the heck out of me.... icon_redface.gif back to the topic...

Jen80 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:51am
post #23 of 29

I'm sorry I annoy you.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:44am
post #24 of 29

I can't believe someone would complain about your avatar icon_eek.gif

There's one person on here who's avatar is SO SCARY to me...every time I see the pic it creeps me out. But I would NEVER say anything to the person about it. It's their choice, and they probably think it's funny.

And, every time I see yours I end up chuckling a bit!

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:30pm
post #25 of 29

He's cute....
When we were little, (about 9), we babysat our neighbours rat "LuLuBelle", a white rat with pink eyes....yes a rat, but he was cute.

Anyway, he was in the corner of our family room, and my mom noticed in the morning that he had a big ball of fluff in his cage.....looked closer and here he/she had stretched out his hands to grab my mom's criss cross curtains (very frilly and frou frou) and made some new bedding for himself! (this was in the late 60's, i don't think they sell those kind of curtains anymore!).

I don't even remember my mom getting mad, we had such a good laugh about LuLuBelle, never told our neighbours, and laugh about it ever since!

Oh, and I had gerbils when I was little, and we have rattle snakes where we live, but I really get creeped out by spiders, so if it was a spider avatar I would tell you to get rid of it!

jules06 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm
post #26 of 29

icon_smile.gif You don't annoy me Jen , just your rash generalisations !!

Jen80 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:46pm
post #27 of 29

Sorry, but having been educated from one end of Queensland to the other, I thought I had enough experience to make such a rash generalisation.

Most of my schooling was carried out in the 90's, maybe that is why we have such different opinions.

As for the education system at present, I have two teenage s-kids who can barely spell their own names.

But that's just my experience. I certainly don't try to "dumb down". I definately didn't think that this would be my first negative response to one of my posts.
I much rather thought it would be something like " Seriously Jen, you think you know everything, but you DON'T!" or "You think your so funny, but your NOT!." or "You've only been decorating for five months, how would you know?" Maybe I've just been lucky that there are so many nice people here on CC.

icon_biggrin.gif

jules06 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:15am
post #28 of 29

I have teenagers in school too & not only can they spell their own names, they also know who Shakespeare is & what a hedgehog is...

Maybe the schools you went to ( & your kids go to ) weren't very good but suggesting that all schools in Qld are the same is ridiculous !

This is totally irrelevant to the topic ( my fault !! ) so I'll finish now

Have a nice day icon_smile.gif

Jen80 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:27am
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules06

I have teenagers in school too & not only can they spell their own names, they also know who Shakespeare is & what a hedgehog is...

Really..............who is calling who dumb here?

I understand that you may be having a bad week. Hopefully next week will be better for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%