Where Do You Buy Cake Boards/boxes?

Business By vagostino Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm by DebBTX

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 16

any cheap places online?
sorry if this has been answered before, for some reason when i search for "cake boxes" or cake boards, nothing comes up.

Thanks!

15 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 16

I get mine mostly from CK.

clarasmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clarasmommy Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 16

I don't know about online.. But I get all mine at Walmart or Hobby Lobby.

msmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmith Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 16

I get mine on line at the box shop... it's brpboxshop.com

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 16

I don't buy online, but our local Party Depot hands down has the best prices. Much cheaper than the craft stores.

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 16

I don't have any place local that sells them. So far i've been getting them at Micahel's but it is soo expensive! So i was thinking about getting them in bulk and just having them.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 16

I found the cheapest for me is Sams Club I get 50 boards and 2 piece box for 50.00 for all three pieces. I have to use my 40% off coupons to get my 1/4 sheet boards at Michaels or Joannes and get my 1/4 sheet boxes from Pat Catans for .56 each. I hate all the running but I buy lots at a time so I don't go often.

hjustesen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hjustesen Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 4:31am
post #8 of 16

I like to get mine from hisandhertreasures.com. They have a wide variety of boards, boxes, colors, tools, etc and ship quickly. I don't live anywhere near a Walmart, Sam's or Hobby Lobby. (Actually, I'd never even heard of Hobby Lobby until a couple of weeks back.)

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 10:47am
post #9 of 16

Has anyone bought the plastic tray/dome cake containers shown at this website?

http://www.plasticcontainercity.com/round_cake_dome_containers.htm

I don't need a case of anything, and these can be bought by the piece. My cakes are taller than 4 inches. I could find only a couple of sites with 5.5 or 6 inch tall boxes, and you have to buy so many of them.

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:40am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagostino

any cheap places online?
sorry if this has been answered before, for some reason when i search for "cake boxes" or cake boards, nothing comes up.

Thanks!

Where do you want the cake boards shipped to? If you live in US I'd find an american site, if the UK try this one http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/Cakeboards.html

I live in Denmark so having things shipped from the US usually costs a small fortune if it is even possible. HTH icon_lol.gif

sewgratefulquilts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewgratefulquilts Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:41pm
post #11 of 16

I think the very best cake boards come from Caseland Company. They're call Tuff Boards and they are really tuff. It's not my company, just a satisfied customer.

http://www.tuffboardcakeboards.com/

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 9:27pm
post #12 of 16

I am able to find boxes at a local cake deco store. However, they are expensive. I bake as a hobby and I dont need much of them. So, the price isnt that bad. I've purchsed from the local craft store in a pinch, but the boxes are so flimsy. Each time I use them, I am reminded how much I dont like them! If I were to go into business, I'd probably have to order them online!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 9:36pm
post #13 of 16

i bought several cases of pink ones from papermart, the pink ones were a bit more expensive, but they are really cute....the shipping alone was 70 bucks...but the company gives you 15% off if you buy over 200.00.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 9:41pm
post #14 of 16

you should also be able to get boxes from Global Sugar Art

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 11:30pm
post #15 of 16

You don't say where you're from ... and most here are from the US, so that's the advice/references you'll get ... but ...

If you're in Canada, I get mine at Bulk Barn. If you're in/near Hamilton, try GT French Paper Supply (off Rymal). I like that I can buy what I need individually, since I don't need 2 dozen cake boards at a time, and don't have the storage space anyway.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm
post #16 of 16

Another source to check would be cakedeco.com.

-Debbie B.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%