Anyone Use Chocopan Fondant?

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 5:21pm by sweetcakes

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 7

I am getting ready to buy some black fondant and have only used Satin Ice or Fondx. thought about the Chocopan from here.... has anyone used it before??? Any good or bad experiences with it??

The description says it goes farther than other fondants... did you find this true??

Thanks guys for any info you might have to share!!!!

6 replies
PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 7

I just colored some Chocopan and plan to cover my cakes with it for the first time. I'm hoping it goes well. I do like the taste of it.

PinkLisa Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 7

Now I'm wondering if I can refrigerate Chocopan. I've always had success refrigerating my cakes with Satin Ice Fondant but don't know if Chocopan will be different. HELP! I'm just about to cover my cakes.

scrumptiousbakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumptiousbakeshop Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 7

I use Choco-pan all the time. In fact, it is my preferred fondant. I find that it has more "body" than a lot of the other fondants (I have tried SatinIce and Pettinice as well). As far as the refrigeration thing, I have refrigerated it and it has seemed OK. I just ordered some of the fondarific....we'll see how that is!

PinkLisa Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 7

I just finished covering my 12" round with Chocopan. I had to mix it with a bit of Pettinice since otherwise it was just too sticky. I unfortunately have very warm hands so that certainly didn't help matters. Mixed wtih the Pettinice it worked out pretty well.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 7

okay.. I guess I will stick with what I know for know.. Satin Ice. I need it to wrap around a tuxedo cake I am covering and I need a "sturdy" fondant. Sounds like the Chocopan might be a bit too "soft" for what I need it for.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it a try on another cake I have coming up though..

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 7

Chocopan is a softer fondant. you can roll it thinner, but what i really like about it is that it doesn;t crust like satin ice. yes, it seals but it cuts better, nicer on the cake. Its alittle more pricey. For pre coloured fondant i prefer to use satin ice though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%