Is It A Full Moon Or Something?

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 9:16pm by jlynnw

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:46am
post #31 of 52

Q - Do you use fresh ingredients?
A - Is that what those little numbers on the packages mean?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:53am
post #32 of 52

Oh my goodness CakemommyTX!!! :iol: icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif You just about almost had me pi@@ing on myslef from laughing! I triple, double god dare you to respond like that. icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:53am
post #33 of 52

Ment to say triple, double dog dare you...except the dare?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:00am
post #34 of 52

I love the last one!

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:33am
post #35 of 52

funny thread lol Just don't understand some people icon_rolleyes.gif

p.s CakeMommyTX: i love your response to: " are your cakes really moist or are they dry,stale and gross?" that is too funny

oh and the question about "do i have to eat all of the cake?": LOL icon_biggrin.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #36 of 52

it makes me feel a little bit better that i'm not the only one one that have these weirdos.

i think weirdos, pitas and taxes are the worst thing about this biz.

my sense of humor is wearing thin thee days, if they get too stupid with the questions i refuse to serve them, i find it insulting.

wonder if mike and duff have this crap to deal with?

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:46am
post #37 of 52

wht a gr8 way to start my day !!!! toooo funny...love ure responses !!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:11am
post #38 of 52

Oh geez.... the best thread ever!

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:15am
post #39 of 52

This is one of the most hilarious threads ever...goin to sleep and laughin on the way...

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 4:23am
post #40 of 52

I love our witty answers to stupid questions! I needed a laugh.

To the lady who asked if she has to eat all the cake: if you don't eat it all I can't sell it to you. (She'll have to think about that for a week)

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 4:24am
post #41 of 52

now THIS is why I'm staying up late instead of going to bed when I have a night off! HEE-Larious!
I think they need to rename those articles "How to Pi$$ Off Your Wedding Vendors Before You Book Them."

mycakesandmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mycakesandmore Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 10:47pm
post #42 of 52

thanks for the laugh! People never cease to amaze me... and to quote my favorite comedian.... "Here's your sign..."

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:18am
post #43 of 52

Just in from church and thought about this thread after talking to a couple at church.

Our daughter is getting married and we want you to make the cake. I know you can't because it is illegal. icon_eek.gif

Ok, you know I can't do it and won't do it. I don't even really know you so I say nothing.

They keep starring at me.

OK, this is weird.

Do you think you can do it and not charge and then it wouldn't be illegal?

Ya, a free cake from an unlicened home kitchen is more legal than a $100,000 cake from the same kitchen icon_confused.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:16pm
post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

Just in from church and thought about this thread after talking to a couple at church.

Our daughter is getting married and we want you to make the cake. I know you can't because it is illegal. icon_eek.gif

Ok, you know I can't do it and won't do it. I don't even really know you so I say nothing.

They keep starring at me.

OK, this is weird.

Do you think you can do it and not charge and then it wouldn't be illegal?

Ya, a free cake from an unlicened home kitchen is more legal than a $100,000 cake from the same kitchen icon_confused.gif

Did someone stick a FREE CAKES sign on your back when they hugged you this morning?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jlynnw Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:33pm
post #45 of 52

OK, she has now called and wants to know if there is a charge for different seasons. icon_confused.gif I thought she meant like high volume dates to slow dates. She meant chocolate or vanilla! icon_surprised.gif I think cake muggles have no clue. She still can't get past the won't do your cake part. It is at this point, you gotta love answering machines! icon_razz.gif

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:51pm
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

OK, she has now called and wants to know if there is a charge for different seasons. icon_confused.gif I thought she meant like high volume dates to slow dates. She meant chocolate or vanilla! icon_surprised.gif I think cake muggles have no clue. She still can't get past the won't do your cake part. It is at this point, you gotta love answering machines! icon_razz.gif

Please do spell it out for her (best in front of the church and with witnesses). I smell problems for you. She doesn't want to accept your answer. What I am waiting for - a loud: "She promised me a cake and now she doesn't want to make it for me!!!" in front of all the people you know...

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:00pm
post #47 of 52

Thanks, I needed this today!

jlynnw Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 1:06pm
post #48 of 52

just for fun I love you assistant pastry chef, he really gets into his work!

It is amazing. She has been told by friends as well as myself that I wil NOT make her cake. This Wednesday I will do as you say, and in front of the whole ladies group as professional as possible let her know I CAN NOT make her cake. I just found the whole thing to be so to this topic. Do other people have idiots like this or are we just a select few?

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:36pm
post #49 of 52

Nope you're not the only one,I have a customer who just left me a nasty voicemail.
She had ordered a cake for Labor Day 2 months ago, I sent her an invoice for the deposit and she was informed (and agreed) on 6 different occasions (I counted) in writing that the deposit HAD to be paid when she placed her order to reserve the date. I also told her twice on the phone.
I sent her a reminder through Pay Pal , emailed her and left a voicemail letting her know she had to pay the deposit or the cake order would be cancled.
Never heard back from her, I figured she did'nt like the final price and had moved on, which happens.
I then decided not to book any cakes for Labor Day and spend time with the family (it was also my son's b-day), since the order had fallen through.
Well I wake up this morning to a phone full of pi$$ed off vm, she was yelling at me for ruining her Labor Day and not delivering the cake!!!!!
1st off she left the messages at 2am and 2nd I did my best to contact her about the deposit.
I don't feel bad, she did'nt even call me the day of the supposed delivery.
And what did she really expect, that I would delivery a cake to serve 40 with no payment or confirmatin that she even wanted the cake?
I guess she did'nt check her voicemail or email for 2 months.
Ugh, people drive me crazy sometimes

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #50 of 52

Thankx, jlynnw! I see I'm lucky to be running after him all day, instead of dealing with some crazies. (I know, they're the minority, but still enough to drive you batty)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm
post #51 of 52

I just got a triple play...A request for a last-minute groom's cake, complicated design ("but it will only be for 20-25 people"), and a mention that "the bride is on a budget." icon_rolleyes.gif Aren't we all.

jlynnw Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 9:16pm
post #52 of 52

People are nuts. I am tired of people thinking I am a stay at home mom with nothing to do but make their kids extravagant cakes at no charge. I would hate to have to deal with all this professionally in a legal bakery. I am still working on getting things together but I would absolutely go nuts if the clients asked this mess from me and were totally serious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%