Help On A Wierd Cake Idea

Decorating By erilay Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 11:01pm by laurs_1981

erilay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erilay Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:40am
post #1 of 14

I have a client that wants a cake for a confermation. Her son loves football and wants a football cake. She asked me if I could combine the two on a cake. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is only for 14-20 people tops. Thanks so much for any advice. I am at a loss with this one.

13 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 7:35am
post #2 of 14

Does he have a particular football team that he likes. Maybe you could do the cake in those colours and shape it like a cross?

Or maybe make a plaque with his name, date etc on it in the shape of a football.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 8:13am
post #3 of 14

What about a pretty round in white, and make a GP angel wearing a football helmet and holding a football as topper? You may even paint the black lines on his face, I think it'll look so cute icon_wink.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:04am
post #4 of 14

How about if you put ruffles on the football?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:10am
post #5 of 14

How about a football sitting in a chalice.

Y'know I mean what if the kid liked mud wrestling.

Geez Louise.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:00am
post #6 of 14

keep your eye on the goal -- heaven ---- have goal posts but in between the uprights, the pearly gates?

scoreboard: God 100, Devil 0

football team jersey w/ helmet -- wings or halo motif -- You're on God's team now. We always win!

variant of the "armor of God" bible verses: [i]Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to standStand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6: 13-17)[i]

but turn it all into football equipment and padding.

erilay Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 14

I was so busy I forgot to check my cc posts. Thanks so much to everyone. I was very new and just learning how to use the site. Got it now. Thanks again to everyone. I will be checking my posts from now on.
Erica

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 14

So what did you end up doing for this cake?

erilay Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:27pm
post #9 of 14

I made a sheet cake to look like a football field. I made goal posts out of royal. I had a jersey with gods team on it, and a football made out of rkt next to it. It said confirmed. I think this was an ingenious idea, but can not take credit for it. I had help from a member whose name I have to look up. Thanks so much to everyone here for caring so much. I could not do half the things I have been able to do without everyone at CC. Everyone is so generous with there ideas and recipes. It is nice to have such a warm place to go for help.
Thanks,
Erica

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:35pm
post #10 of 14

Doug, I think that was a great idea. Wow, right off the cuff. I was at a loss. It sounds like she really liked you idea too.

erilay Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:03pm
post #11 of 14

she loved it.

Mike_Elder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike_Elder Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:17pm
post #12 of 14

I love to please my customers but i have seen so many decorators do cakes that the customer thought (or didn't think in this case)was a cute idea... Sometimes you have to be the voice of reason! Your the artist!! tell her what she wants!! If I was in your situation,,,, I think i'd push 2 cakes. but with the serving number already below what i'll do I'm at a loss for ya! GOOD LUCK!!!!

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 10:30pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

keep your eye on the goal -- heaven ---- have goal posts but in between the uprights, the pearly gates?

scoreboard: God 100, Devil 0

football team jersey w/ helmet -- wings or halo motif -- You're on God's team now. We always win!

variant of the "armor of God" bible verses: [i]Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to standStand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6: 13-17)[i]

but turn it all into football equipment and padding.

Doug that was an awesome idea!!!! You always are so creative

laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:01pm
post #14 of 14

you could set the little players up in a "hail mary" play!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%