Please Help!!!how Do I Make A Cheesecake Wedding Cake???

Decorating By debbiestarr Updated 19 Aug 2013 , 8:46am by scrumdiddlycakes

debbiestarr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbiestarr Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:56am
post #1 of 14

I have someone who has requested a cheesecake wedding cake. please help me with tips and ideas on how I go about doing this. attached is the image of the cake that she would like done in cheesecake.[/img]
LL

13 replies
MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 14

I'm bumping you because I'm interested to know the answer. I don't like the taste of cake (ironic, right?), so I'd love to be able to make cheesecake look as beautiful as cake.

vera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vera Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 14

I ask the same question on August 3rd for Vera, I did receive some replies. Go to search and put in my name in the author and read the replies. Hope this helps, it help me. Good luck.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 14

does she want a "cheesecake" flavor cake or a true cheesecake?? Might be stupid question but thought I better ask first

jamieg123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamieg123 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 5:22am
post #5 of 14

You could use white chocolate ganache and once it is dry you use a warm spatula to smooth. Fondant will sweat and dissolve from the moisture on a cheesecake :)

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 5:33am
post #6 of 14

AI've seen cheesecake layers or fillings but I don't think a regular cheesecake will be able to hold the weight of fondant

Smckinney07 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 5:41am
post #7 of 14

Ahttp://cakecentral.com/t/677594/two-tiered-cheesecake

Apparently it's been done, successfully. They say it's not a good idea in the summer though.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 5:46am
post #8 of 14

i make cheesecake wedding cakes! I have never covered one in fondant, though. I agree that it might not give you the look you want due to soft edges and weight.

All of these cakes are tiered cheesecakes. the first is from a long time ago, so don't judge my decorating skills. :D the one problem you can see on the first cake, is that when it gets warm outside,  the cheesecake cake settle and bulge a little as in the middle tier.  not ideal for fondant. 

I finally started with the SPS last year and I'll never go back. It makes for a much straighter looking cake, and cheesecake can be finicky and tricky to level. What I do is bake it without a crust and then chill the cake thoroughly. Then before I turn the cake out I put the crust on the top  and fill in the pan from edge to edge, creating a nice edge-to-edge crust. chill again, then tip out onto your board. now you have an even top and bottom. Sometimes there is a little liquid left on the custard, so I pat it dry, chill again, crumb coat and proceed. 

let me know if you have specific questions, 

jen

*edit* 

OK I just saw that this thread is years old. I'm assuming the OP has solved her problem by now!

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

Smckinney07 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 5:55am
post #9 of 14

AIt wasn't the actual stacking I was so concerned with but the layering and fondant. Your cakes look lovely, by the way. I don't sell cheesecakes, just as filling. I've made a couple but I'd be terrified they'd crush each other or cause bulges like you mentioned. Perhaps it's my recipe.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 6:00am
post #10 of 14

the bulges aren't really from the weight of the layers, its just a downside of warm cheesecake, which tastes great, cuz it melts right on your tongue. 

the SPS transfers all the weight to the system an there is little weight on the actual cake. I just got excited because I do love making cheesecake wedding cakes! 

LOL

Smckinney07 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 6:09am
post #11 of 14

ALol, I understand that. My daughter loves cheesecake! I had a fabulous two tiered birthday cake all planned out for her and she said no, let's just buy a cheesecake sampler from the store :(

But that's what I meant, the weight of the layers. That's impressive, now I'm going to have to try layering a cheesecake!

Babbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babbo Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 8:29am
post #12 of 14

Ive never herd of covering cheesecakes for weddings but they look really cool ;-)

LaurasBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurasBoutique Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 8:42am
post #13 of 14

Wow this is amazing, I love cheesecake.  I assume we're talking about baked, New York-style cheesecake?  I'd love to make the super-fresh whipped cream refrigerated kind if anyone has any ideas? 

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 8:46am
post #14 of 14

Very old thread so I'm sure the OP has already done the cake :P But I do stacked cheesecakes, I like ot use Japanese cheesecakes as well. I just ganache then fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%