Quick Help...cakes From Fridge To Freezer???

Decorating By AngieD300 Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 12:49am by AngieD300

AngieD300 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngieD300 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 8

Hello...i made 3 cakes on Sunday night & wrapped them real good & then put them in the fridge, to ice/fondant/decorate on Monday night. Now, i found out that i wont be able to ice/fondant/decorate till Thursday night. Will the cakes be ruined if i keep them in the fridge or should i put them in the freezer? OR, should i just take them to work & let people enjoy plain cake? Any help is appreciated!!

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:08am
post #2 of 8

freeze them. Cakes thaw within minutes .... 30-60 depending on size.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:11am
post #3 of 8

Left in the fridge, they will be stale. Freeze them.

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:12am
post #4 of 8

freeze them and take out later when you need it!!!!

AngieD300 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:33am
post #5 of 8

thanks everybody...cakes in the freezer!! i do have another question...when i do defrost them, do i unwrap them, or keep them wrapped for the few hours of defrosting?
Oh yeah, has anybody heard that you should crumb coat the cake before wrapping & freezing them? Again, thanks for any advice!!

AngieD300 thumbs_up.gif

AngieD300 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #6 of 8

thanks everybody...cakes in the freezer!! i do have another question...when i do defrost them, do i unwrap them, or keep them wrapped for the few hours of defrosting?
Oh yeah, has anybody heard that you should crumb coat the cake before wrapping & freezing them? Again, thanks for any advice!!

AngieD300 thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:41am
post #7 of 8

Leave them wrapped. Just like when you take a loaf of bread out of the freezer, you leave the bread in the wrapper ... you don't remove all the bread and lay the slices out on the counter to thaw. icon_wink.gif

AngieD300 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:49am
post #8 of 8

Thanks...that helps alot!! Now, off to search the forum for crumb coating advice...having issues with maybe putting too much before adding fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%