How To Make A Penis Cake 20 Servings?

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 20 Oct 2009 , 2:23am by laurs_1981

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 6

I got my first penis cake order! Hooray! lol. My hubby wanted me to make one for the longest time because he thought it would be funny. I was like, Im not just gonna make one for no reason! lol. So now I get to make one and he gets to laugh at me while I do it. icon_smile.gif

I need 20 servings. How do I know how to calculate this? How do you guys usually bake these? Sheet cakes and carve it? What do you use for the hairs, RI? Chocolate sprinkles? what turns out better?

THanks!!!!

5 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 6

There are pans for them. I have a place that rents pans where I live so I have it easy. Unfortunately they are very small and dont serve many. The one my client wants only serves maybe 10.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 6

well, nuts, it is kinda hard to calculate this and we certainly don't want to shaft the customer by not coming up with enough, now do we?

-----

so to start the ball rolling

a 2 layer 6 inch round serves 12....

so 2 of those gently carved will give you at least ten servings.

or could do one 6 inch layer and top with half a sports ball for a good 8 or so servings.

----

then getting a firm grip on the longer end of the deal....

a long loaf cake or a 9x13 sheet cake split in half and stacked and carved will definitely have your friends coming forth with praise (and $$ too!)

this basket of goodies will be well more than enough and allow you to nearly gag yourselves with cake.

----

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 6

LOL doug! You're a goof. hehe

I just realized I never posted a photo...I dont think...here it is. icon_smile.gif Im so proud. It was my first one.

My MIL thought it was so cool. I brought it to her house for the customer to pick up (he was a friend of the family). My MIL decided to set it on the kitchen table. I didnt know my 7 year old nephew was there. I was like OMG I cant believe she has it sitting out in front of him! He goes over and studies it...looking very closely. "Aunt Gia, what is that cake?" Trying to come up with some answer, my mind drew a blank and I was just like, oh its just a silly shape. He's like, "it looks like a finger". I was like, oh thank god, "yes, yes, its a finger. You're right." Akward. haha..

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1485130&done=1

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 9:13am
post #5 of 6

Hehehe, a finger?

The cake looks great! I'm sure everyone loved it and wants a bite out of it (no pun intended).

laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:23am
post #6 of 6

that cake is really good!!...classy even....when i did mine, i carved a sheet cake, then laid it on top of another full sheet cake...it served A LOT of ppl...and we had lots of leftovers to send home to the boys too....little did they know how much fun we had cutting it!! haha...but just by adding it on top of another cake definetely helped stretch it out....also, i've seen black string licorice used as the hair...it's quite funny...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%