Chocolate Version Of Nfsc?

Baking By cinderspritzer Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm by LesGateauxCheri

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 8

Sorry if this has been asked 6 million times over, but the search function didn't bring me any results I can really work with...

Is there a chocolate version of NFSC or a simple way to add melted chocolate or cocoa powder to it so that the cookies TASTE like chocolate without being bitter, but still retain the correct consistency to use with cookie cutters? Did that make any sense? icon_confused.gif

7 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 8

I am not sure, I assume that you would add the Coca Powder, to the dry ingredients, I added Cappuccino Powder, to my NFSC and they were the same consistency, But adding liquid would change the consistency

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 8

If you add extra dry ingredients (cocoa powder), then you'd need to add add'l liquid to offset it. If you add extra liquid (melted chocolate), you may need to add more dry ingredients (flour) to offset it.

I've done it but don't ask me the quantities. I just keep adding stuff until it looks right. Works for me.

Flintstone691961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flintstone691961 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 8

I'm the newbie still what is NFSC......

indydebi Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 8

No
Fail
Sugar
Cookie

A great standard for shaped cookies. It really is "no fail"! thumbs_up.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:23pm
post #6 of 8

debi, i hate that ''until it looks right'' method of yours. my eyeballs aren't calibrated correctly so looking right to me usually means having a mountain of cookie dough the size of kalamazoo. icon_wink.gif lol

indydebi Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderspritzer

debi, i hate that ''until it looks right'' method of yours. my eyeballs aren't calibrated correctly so looking right to me usually means having a mountain of cookie dough the size of kalamazoo. icon_wink.gif lol

Yeah, my kids hate it, too. They can't make my chcken-n-dumplins, my chili, my beef-n-noodles, my tuna casserole, my meatloaf. Although everyone says my son-in-law comes closest to the meatloaf. As he put it, "I'm probably the only one who understands how much "a sh*tload of ketchup" is!" icon_lol.gif

What's hard? Pour ketchup in "until it looks right!" icon_biggrin.gif

LesGateauxCheri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LesGateauxCheri Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 8

I recently turned the recipe into chocolate by substituting 1 cup of cocoa powder for 1 cup of flour. They came out tasting like brownies. icon_smile.gif All my coworkers loved them. But use a good brand of cocoa powder. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%