White Food Pen - Is There Such A Thing??

Baking By jerseybeachbum20 Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 1:59pm by bhv333

jerseybeachbum20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseybeachbum20 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 10:57am
post #1 of 4

I was asked to do 75 wedding dress cookies for a bridal shower...however, they want the dress RED! On top of that, they want the wedding date in white (over the red dress.) I made a few to practice on because my writing is not the best. I made 3 different consistancies of (super white) RI, and practiced with different tips. WHAT A MESS....it was so frustrating. Was wondering if anyone knows if a white food pen is available??? I searched the net but couldnt locate anything.
My next try will be using a tube of white candy...but I'm afraid that will crack....??
I welcome any & all tips & advice icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks so much...

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:51am
post #2 of 4

I don't think it would crack if the cookie doesn't crack.

But there used to be an empty marker pen type thing that you could load with color or whatever but I never could get mine loaded--but also the white food color that I have, tianium dioxide, for air brush is not a complete liquid--it is more like a paint that has some substance to it that might inhibit flow in one of those pens if you could have better success than I did with the pen.

Did you try a small parchment piping bag?

What about a stencil??

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 3:38am
post #3 of 4

You could pipe the date in royal on the dress first then flow the red around it. That would solve the breakage problem and would give a neater appearance.hth icon_smile.gif

bhv333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bhv333 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 4

This site is so helpful. I learn something every day! How did you cookies turn out?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%