Have You Ever Cancelled Jobs?

Business By buggus Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 1:28am by pieceacake830

buggus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buggus Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:24am
post #1 of 6

I had to cancel a job for this past weekend. I felt so bad, but I knew I'd taken on more than I could chew and was burning out. I let them know way in advance so they'd have time to find another cake, but I felt really bad. Has this happened to you?

5 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 2:05am
post #2 of 6

A year ago this past July, I fell and tore muscle in my left thigh. My husband was out of town. It was a nightmare. I was in bed for about 3 days on pain meds and ice packs. I had to cancel 7 cakes for that weekend. Most were regular clients who were very understanding. In fact, one of them is an MD whose husband is an ICU nurse...she volunteered him to come and take care of me if I needed him. I was ultimately off my feet for about 3 weeks and not 100% for about 8 weeks. I felt just awful about all those cakes, but there was not one thing I could do about it. Most have called me to order cakes since then.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:33am
post #3 of 6

Yup, I cancelled a bridezilla once. They got their full retainer back.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

lucky for me, no I have not! KNOCK ON WOOD!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:27am
post #5 of 6

a return customer of mine had to change the date of her daughters 13th birthday party and I had to tell her I couldn't do it because I had 4 weddings to do. she was very understanding but sad she wouldn't be eating my cake. I have also had to cancel orders around Christmas of last year due to bad weather. Most were very understanding. They didn't want me out driving in the bad weather. I even sent each of them a $10 gift certificate. Hopefully they will return this Christmas!

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:28am
post #6 of 6

Once. I had gotten an emergency call from my dad and I had to rush my mom to the hospital. This was on a Thursday, and the cake was for Saturday.The customer was very inderstanding, and ordered again since then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%