Fondant Ribbons

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 31 Aug 2009 , 1:57am by mindy1204

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 12:35am
post #1 of 5

I am making dummy cakes for my final wilton class. My plan is fondant roses on top.. hand rolled pearls with luster dust and fondant ribbon rolled with impression pin. My question is how thick (have pasta roller) is good for the ribbon and should i use straight fondand to fondant with gumpaste? Also think I want to add luster dust should i do that before i put it on or after.

Thanks

4 replies
Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:04am
post #2 of 5

I would use gumpaste or fondant/gumpaste for the bow and apply the luster dust to the bow after you have made it, but before you put it on the cake.

I've never used my pasta roller for cake decorating, so sorry, I wouldn't know what setting you would put it on.

Good luck with your cake.

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Edited to say: Sorry, you said nothing about a bow did you. icon_redface.gif

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:17am
post #3 of 5

I just got my past roller last week, and love it. I did a big loopy bow on top of a gift cake with it, and rolled it down to #3. I also had gumpaste mixed in with the fondant.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:52am
post #4 of 5

For the ribbon, since you're running a long piece and picking it up, I'd leave it on setting 1 until you get accusstomed to working with ribbons.

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:57am
post #5 of 5

Thank you... I rolled it thin and didnt like it cause you couldnt see the detail of the rolling pin. I will try between a 1 and 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%