Need Birthday Cake Idea For Sis 40Th Bday Thats On Halloween

Decorating By bntbushnell Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 9:57pm by Sweetriley

bntbushnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bntbushnell Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 8

my sisters big 40 in actually NOV 1, but we've always celebrated on halloween night... I need ideas for this cake.. help ![/b]

7 replies
Lori00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori00 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:40am
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bntbushnell

my sisters big 40 in actually NOV 1, but we've always celebrated on halloween night... I need ideas for this cake.. help ![/b]

Is she a good witch or a bad witch? : ) or you can make the witches cauldron that would be cool and write on the side of the cauldron witching you a happy 40th!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 5:00am
post #3 of 8

What a cute idea, Lori! The only thing that kept popping into my head was something about her being over the hill and nearly dead, which I don't think is very nice or original. icon_rolleyes.gif

bntbushnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bntbushnell Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori00

Quote:

Is she a good witch or a bad witch? : ) or you can make the witches cauldron that would be cool and write on the side of the cauldron witching you a happy 40th!

Ok, call me dumb, what what exactly is a witches cauldron...??? im having a mind block., is that the big black pot?? LOL
thanks, Tracy

nadine_n Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadine_n Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 8

Maybe a cemetary with a big tomb stone saying R.I.P (sister's name)'s Youth

sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori00

Quote:

Ok, call me dumb, what what exactly is a witches cauldron...??? im having a mind block., is that the big black pot?? LOL
thanks, Tracy

Yes bntbushnell.... the witches cauldron is the big black pot that they use for brewing.... what about making ghosts out of marshmallows and decorate around the cake. I made them once and it was pretty easy...idea was from Martha Stewart...

Lori, that's a great idea!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:

In my photos the second one is a halloween birthday cake, may give you a jump start (the black pot had dry ice in it to make the smoke and a flicker light was put threw cake and under pot with twigs to look like fire) it was a night party and was really awesome.

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 8

I have to do a Halloween cake for a 60th birthday. Not sure how many people you want to serve but Wilton has a pretty fun one that is tiered. It's in their 2009 Yearbook. It's black with Halloween accents and it's really cute. It wasn't listed on their site or I would have sent the link.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%