Wedding Album Question

Lounge By HerBoudoir Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 12:04am by LaBellaFlor

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 4

So wedding planning is progressing - we're now looking at photographers. Talk about sticker shock! Fortunately I have found 2 good candidates who will give me ALL of my pics on a high res DVD, no watermark so I can print myself as necesssary.

The stickler seems to be these hugely expensive wedding albums that they offer - upwards of $1000 and more. They're beautiful to be sure, but come on...

Can anyone recommend a site online that does these type of albums where the pictures are printed and then bound, but is more reasonably priced? I really do not want to blow my budget.

3 replies
jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 4

One of the attorneys in my law firm dabbles in photography and did the photography for one of the other attorney's daughter's weddings. I just got done looking at the book he had printed of the photographs. It was beautiful. I believe he does all of his books and prints through Kodak. Here's the site...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/

The photo book that he ordered for their wedding was beautiful! Hard cover with a personalized outer cover. VERY NICE! I'm not sure on the price, but if you're into doing things online it might be a place to start!

Good luck!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! That helps a lot - that's the kind of photo albums I'd like to do.

Any other suggestions?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:04am
post #4 of 4

I see your in Maryland. I have a photographer they may travel up that way from Richmond, VA. I don't know what he would charge for the distance, but he is GREAT! He has a photojounalistic style. He's there all day (unlimited time), he takes unlimited pictures, he gives you a proof of every picture, as well as the pics. on a cd for reprints as you like. He used to also give you all the negatives, but has been forced to shoot only digital as no one around here sells the things he needs to develope film thats cost effective. And he presents everything very nice, very classy. He has 2 package options, one with prints of everything, and a cheaper package without prints of everything, but you still get the c.d. of everything. Did I mention he is the sweetest guy and you will hardly see him at your wedding. If you don't mind, hat is your budget for photographer. You could PM it to me & I could send you his info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%