How Far In Advance..........

Decorating By babykonst Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 9:00am by babykonst

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:32am
post #1 of 3

can i bake??? i have a cake due on sunday after noon, and i want to get a head start, ive already made my fondant, accents ect.....when can i start baking the cake, and it still being fresh?? also how would i store it?? let it come to room temp, level then wrap in seran?? after i wrap in seran, do i put it in the fridge?? thanks in advance, i just want to get a good head start, also, when would i prepare the cake for the fondant, ie, ice?? thanks soo much!!

baby

2 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:13am
post #2 of 3

You can bake now if it's for this Sunday, if it's for next you still can bake now you'd just have to freeze the cake.

I'd bake now. Let it cool then add filling and let it settle overnight. You do not need to refrigerate unless the cake has perishable filling/icing. After the cake has had enough time to settle I would ice and decorate it. It will be fresh enough for Sunday. 2-3 days in advance of event with no freezing is not a problem.

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:00am
post #3 of 3

thank you soo much, the filling i will be using is custard/pudding with strawberries, so i would have to refriferate correct?? if so, would i have to wrap in seran>?? sorry for all the questions, im still a newbie!! and again, thanks for the info!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%