A Nuns B-Day Cake

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 7:07pm by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:22am
post #1 of 9

I was asked to make something special at work for one of the nuns birthdays. It only needs to be for about 12 people? She's not picky and easy to please. Now I'm drawing a complete blank on what to do?

8 replies
rblee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rblee Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:40am
post #2 of 9

If you want the religious aspect reflected in the cake, look through the First Communion gallery for some ideas.

Otherwise, I'd do an 8" round with a variety of flowers.

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:03am
post #3 of 9

nice idea, how about a nice cupcake bouquet?? you can probably fit 12 cc in it.

mkolmar Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 9

I'm not sure about doing the religious aspect or not. I'm on the fence about that one. I was thinking of doing a bible with a rosary on it, but that doesn't sound very much like a birthday cake to me.
The cupcake bouquet is a good idea, that I could do easily enough.
I'm getting paid an hourly wage at work so I don't want to spend a ton of time on this since I still have to make all the desserts for the facility.
I think I'm going to lean towards an 8 inch round or the cupcake bouquet.

Thanks.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 9

The big white floppy fying nun's hat would get a great laugh.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 9

I would do a cake for the "woman" side of her, not the religious side for her birthday. Something like a teacup full of flowers or a bouquet with gardening gloves if she gardens. Most nuns have some sort of hobby outside of the church. Find out what her's is and go with it. LOL on the big "flying nun" type hat suggestion!

Cat

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 9

I threw this together fairly quickly, and the lady adored it. Perhaps just the flower garden?
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1221647

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 9

I would pass on the religious stuff. She's a person, just like we are, so why throw her calling into it? I would also go with the cupcake bouquet. It would be just enough, and would let her know you see her as a person too, not just a nun.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:07pm
post #9 of 9

I don't know any of her hobbies unfortunately.
I'm going to do something that's not dealing with the religious aspect for sure.
Of course, I'll have to one day make the flying nun hat for my mother since she loved that show.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%