Any Short-Term Culinary Courses?

Decorating By mangospectacular Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 12:08am by Marci

mangospectacular Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mangospectacular Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking for a "crash course" so to speak in baking/cake decorating. I have heard of the master's Wilton 2 week classes but was wondering if there are any more programs like that? I don't really want to take classes all semester at a community college. Thanks!

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 4

The Wilton school offers many classes, courses and workshops:
(Not just two week classes.)


xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 4

Have you checked out some local colleges in your area?

Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:08am
post #4 of 4

You could look at culinary schools in your area - some of them will offer a pastry program. You could also look at individual instructors who have their own schools, they will often have some accelerated classes. Nicholas Lodge and Eward Notter both come to mind. There is also a french pastry school in Chicago that has a program, if I remember correctly. Finally, I would look into ICES (international cake exploration society) - they will list all kinds of classes and training seminars in cake stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%