Cake Level On Ace Of Cakes

Decorating By CutiePieCakes-Ontario Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 1:31am by Uniqueask

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 47

I have seen a very cool level on Ace of Cakes. It's a lot like the big one from Wilton, but with two variations.

1. It has a handle on the top rail, bend so that your hand/wrist isn't bent, the bar is.

2. There is a middle bar (between the top/handle bar and the blade), which seems to stabilize it for slicing.

Does anyone know where to get this level? I have the big Wilton one, but it doesn't work well - the bigger the cake and the farther in you have to cut, the more the legs lift off the table, the more the blade bends and the cake isn't level at all.

Thanks, in advance.

46 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 47

Mary Alice is a member here you might try asking her. Otherwise get an agbay......it's the best.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Mary Alice is a member here you might try asking her. Otherwise get an agbay......it's the best.

Agbay way out of my price range right now - just doing cakes for friends and family. But thanks for letting me know Mary Alice comes here. I'll try doing that.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 47

I'm not into celebrities and swooning, but I just got starstruck hearing that Mary Alice is a member. What a goof I am. icon_razz.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 47

Mary Alice is a member here? For real! Oh how exciting! What's her member name so I can watch for posts from her?

holly4409 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holly4409 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringFlour

I'm not into celebrities and swooning, but I just got starstruck hearing that Mary Alice is a member. What a goof I am. icon_razz.gif

you're not the only one icon_biggrin.gif

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 47
Quote:

OH MY GOSH! I did too! lol

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 47

Uhh.. me too icon_biggrin.gif I got all kinds of oogly just thinking that she posts here icon_biggrin.gif

*waves*

Hi Mary Alice!

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:12pm
post #9 of 47

thumbs_up.gif Way Cool! Hi Mary Alice! I love Ace of Cakes!
Hammy

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:14pm
post #10 of 47
Quote:

Join the club...it's because she is so cool!!! Also *waving* Hi Mary Alice icon_cool.gif

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:24pm
post #11 of 47

I'm glad to hear that I'm wasn't the only one who was starstruck finding out that Mary Alice posts on CC. How cool is that?! thumbs_up.gif

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:27pm
post #12 of 47

you could try going onto their website and seeing if it has it in their store icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:03pm
post #13 of 47

I believe it is charmcitycakes but it doesn't look like she has posted in quite some time.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:43pm
post #14 of 47

Looks like charmcitycake is what to watch for.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:03pm
post #15 of 47

I'm star struck by Toneda!! I have watched her gum paste rose tutorials over and over and I just love her. Also star struck by Reva from Merci Beaucoup and Indydebi and Melvira. You guys all rock~

selfconclusion12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selfconclusion12 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #16 of 47

Wow. I think Mary Alice ROCKS!! That is so exciting!! Toneda is awesome to!! I love her videos. And Serious Cakes!! LOVE HER!

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 11:55pm
post #17 of 47

Hey - I was going to post the same question about the level! I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone can give any information on it!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:08am
post #18 of 47

I wouldn't doubt if it was something Duff built himself. He's handy that way.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:06am
post #19 of 47

Edna is so beautiful. She looked like Puertorican contestestant from Miss Universe.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:41am
post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

I have seen a very cool level on Ace of Cakes. It's a lot like the big one from Wilton, but with two variations.

1. It has a handle on the top rail, bend so that your hand/wrist isn't bent, the bar is.

2. There is a middle bar (between the top/handle bar and the blade), which seems to stabilize it for slicing.

Does anyone know where to get this level? I have the big Wilton one, but it doesn't work well - the bigger the cake and the farther in you have to cut, the more the legs lift off the table, the more the blade bends and the cake isn't level at all.

Thanks, in advance.

Is this the one you are referring to? http://cakedeco.com.au/product.asp?productID=3099

I have it and it is great!

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 3:02am
post #21 of 47

That's very, very close, but the handle area is a bit different in shape. I see that the link is from Australia - AU$159.00, plus shipping. A bit outside my current budget, but definitely something to aim for - when I get busy enough to not do it by hand.

Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff_Arnett Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm
post #22 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

That's very, very close, but the handle area is a bit different in shape. I see that the link is from Australia - AU$159.00, plus shipping. A bit outside my current budget, but definitely something to aim for - when I get busy enough to not do it by hand.

Thanks, Jeff.

This actually is it....this must be an updated model....my handle is not quite as rounded as this one. When I first saw it on Ace of Cakes, someone on another board passed the info on to me and I got it.

It is expensive....about $139 US dollars....but it will last forever and it works great!

HamSquad Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:11pm
post #23 of 47

Hey Jeff looked at the website for the cake leveller, it said they aren't doinging any international shipping. Is there another place to order or we can order from the US?
Hammy

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:05pm
post #24 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSquad

Hey Jeff looked at the website for the cake leveller, it said they aren't doinging any international shipping. Is there another place to order or we can order from the US?
Hammy

yes please i would like this info as well icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:23pm
post #25 of 47

If you're going to spend that much you might as well get an agbay.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:27pm
post #26 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Edna is so beautiful. She looked like Puertorican contestestant from Miss Universe.

Ohh oh sombody's got a crush icon_wink.gif And it's FNCC time later maybe I'll spill the beans icon_lol.gif

Jeff_Arnett Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 11:43pm
post #27 of 47
Quote:

Hammy

Hmmm....didn't know they changed policies....I bought mine a few years ago. I'll see if it's avaialble anywhere else.

Abgay is nice too....but more expensive.

This one looks pretty nice too....but I haven't tried it:

http://www.pastrychef.com/CAKE-SLICER_p_984.html

Jeff_Arnett Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #28 of 47
Quote:

Hammy

This one also looks nice and not a bad price at all!

http://www.jbprince.com/pastry-tools-and-equipment/cake-saw-enamelled.asp

HamSquad Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 11:54pm
post #29 of 47

Thanks Jeff, this is more in my price range. I like this one more than the other. Thanks for your time in researching this product for us.
Hammy

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:03am
post #30 of 47

i like the one from jb prince but their shipping page says they have a $300 minimum? the one from pastrychef looks too much like the wilton one : (

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%