Need Help With Ideas On Mixed Themed Holiday Cake - Thanks!

Decorating By Caralinc Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 7:14pm by veronica720

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 11

Hi all,

I've just been asked to make a cake that is has a mixed holiday theme. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Reason for this crazy request you ask? Well, my office wil be laid off in mid Oct. and we are throwing a last big horrah and they asked me to make a cake w/ all the different holidays wishing everyone "Good Luck".

I would be making a sheet cake as it will be easier to carry to work on the train and so forth.

Could anyone provide some ideas about how to pull this all together?? I am stumped.

Thanks in advance!! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 11

Considering we don't *do* Thanksgiving over here - and Halloween is a tad popular icon_confused.gif -

What about a cake in Christmas colours - with accents deplicting Halloween and TG..

Sorry, thats all i can think of - icon_redface.gif
Plus i wanted to *bump* this up for you.

Bluehue

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 11

'Hallankmas', mmm could be interesting to see what others come with. I am thinking but not much is happening...lol....seriously though

holly4409 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holly4409 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 11

What about a cake decorated with fall colors (icing and border) and snowflake and black cat decorations?

or blue with white snowflakes and a candycorn and fall leaf border...

Caralinc Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 11

veronica720 - I know hehe- this is very challenging LOL . Since we will not be celebrating the holidays as we normally would they wanted to throw them all together. ARG!!

Great ideas so far!! Please keep'em coming, no matter how bazzar you may think. Anything will help.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 11

How 'bout "The Nightmare Before Christmas"? Jack Skellington, etc. I'm not sure how to tie Thanksgiving in, but Halloween and Christmas would be covered!

It also seems morbidly fitting, considering the occasion...

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:52am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFiend

How 'bout "The Nightmare Before Christmas"? Jack Skellington, etc. I'm not sure how to tie Thanksgiving in, but Halloween and Christmas would be covered!

It also seems morbidly fitting, considering the occasion...

I agree and for TG just add a turkey and fall leaves on a kitchen table maybe in a corner

JoJo0855 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo0855 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:06am
post #8 of 11

Bypass all those holidays and go straight for New Year's Eve ... Father Time and the New Year's baby - representing the end of one chapter and the beginning of the next.
Good luck to all in finding new employment opportunities!!

Caralinc Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks guys!! Theses are some great ideas!! Personally, I am looking forward to my next chapter, cause now I can spend more time on my cakes!! icon_smile.gif

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:41pm
post #10 of 11

I was thinking of a square cake and make it look like a picture cube- have a holiday them on each of the sides and do something funky fun for the top (combine all holidays). For the 4th side you could do New Years if you wanted. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:14pm
post #11 of 11

Oh I really like the cube thing, that would be so cool. Maybe just being a square wouldn't make it to much of a pain to carry on the train.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%