Silver Cake From Cakechannel.com?

Decorating By 3angels Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 2:38am by diane

3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3angels Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 6

Help!!! This is a long post. I've got a potential client that wants a wedding cake for her October wedding.

The cake is is shown on cakechannel.com. It's the cake on the homepage at the top right. The cake has unique decorations with roses and some little round white and dark chocolate looking ball thingys on each tier. It's dusted with silver dust.

I tried to attach the picture to this post but it's a gif file and won't let me attach picture. If someone can go to that website and take a look at that cake and let me know what is used to decorate the outside of that cake I'd really appreciate it.

The top tier has long strip panels attached to each other surrounding the cake. The second tier has a surrounding panel that looks wavy. The cake is called a silver cake if you google it and click on the images tab.

All suggestions are highly appreciated. icon_confused.gif

5 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:08am
post #2 of 6

Is this it? Those chocolate things are called buckeyes. You could order them from a fancy chocolate shoppe. The wave and cut edges look to be fondant or maybe choclate paste/ candyclay which would tatse better. The roses look like paper ones you find in a craft store.
LL

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:17am
post #3 of 6

I agree w/ sad smile. The cake is pretty!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:37am
post #4 of 6

that looks like white chocolate fondant! icon_eek.gif

3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3angels Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:25am
post #5 of 6

I'd like to give a special thanks to you CC ladies. I'm going to find a white chocolate fondant recipe and practice before I commit to this cake.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:38am
post #6 of 6

if you can't find a good recipe, or don't want to make it, you can always purchase some...chocopan is a good one and so it satin ice. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%