Going To A Cake Store... Dummies And Bouquet Flavoring

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 12:39am by diane

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a trip about an hour away to get some dummies and a few other things. What would you suggest I get 3 inch or 4 inch. Also I saw on their website that they have bouquet flavoring, I notice alot of you use it, what does it taste like and which brand do you suggest they have ck products and magicline.

What else should I get... we really only have Michaels and Joannes round here. I am getting some flower cutters but not sure what else.

Thanks

6 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 7

4" layers look much more impressive plus they give you some added size for just a bit more money.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 7

Get some tylose and some luster dust...there's no comparison between the Wilton ones and the ones the cake decorating supply shop sells.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 7

Magicline has more of a vanilla base and is softer and more versitle. CK has more of a citrus based and is more grown up tasting. Both are great. I use both. And you have to get some Americolor! At least get red and black to replace the Wilton ones and your most used colors. Look at cake circles and bases they may be better quality and less expensive then at your local stores. Driving an hour is just about as much as you would pay for shipping if ordering on line. This place has great prices. If I need anything I always order from them. http://www.fondantsource. com/sihi.html

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 7

Sadsmile.. that is where I am going and It probably would be cheaper to order but I REALLY want to go see what they have. After this trip I will just order but I want to see a real store icon_smile.gif I will be making a list off of what you all suggest here thanks

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 7

The store isn't much to look at. It's a warehouse but the owner and staff are so nice and they have the competition beat. The only other cake store is D&G that I know of.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 12:39am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy1204

I am making a trip about an hour away to get some dummies and a few other things. What would you suggest I get 3 inch or 4 inch. Also I saw on their website that they have bouquet flavoring, I notice alot of you use it, what does it taste like and which brand do you suggest they have ck products and magicline.

What else should I get... we really only have Michaels and Joannes round here. I am getting some flower cutters but not sure what else.

Thanks

you're in the same boat i'm in...michael's and joanne's...and the nearest cake store is about an hour away!

get it all sista...get it all!!!! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%