Centre Dowels - Where Are They Sold In The Uk

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 5:39pm by bashini

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 2

Where does everyone go to get the centre dowels from? Is it thicker than the normal dowels which are sold in the cake shops? I am guessing that it is the thickness of a broom handle. If it doesn't have a hollow centre, won't the cake be pushed / squashed out as you're sticking it in?

1 reply
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 2

Hi there, I haven't seen anywhere in UK! Never seen anyone using them in UK either!

The american cake decorators use the centre dowels as they need to travel a very long distance to deliver cakes. Its really not a neccesary to use it. I use normal dowels and and a little bit of royal icing under each tier to make it stable. If you have to travel long distance, why not go the venue and stack them?

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%