Samples Of Fondarific Fondant......

Decorating By BaBa Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 1:00am by BeeBoos-8599_

BaBa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BaBa Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 7

I got my samples of Fondariffic in the mail yesterday. And oh my gosh it is awesome. We let some pieces set out uncovered while in class, it was soft and pliable when class was over 3 hours later. The taste is unbelievable. I can't imagine using anything else, I am certainly going to be carrying this in my store. No more W i l t o n. Yea. Has anyone else tried the Fondriffic, if so what do you think?

6 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 7

Yes it is all I use when covering cakes but I still use wilton for figures etc. You will find that it stays soft when on the cake also. Be carefull about coloring any of the fruit flavors. The citric acid in them does not allow them to absorb the colors properly. They are working on thier formula so it does not happen any more. They will also pre color it for you if you request it. Enjoy working with it. By the way kids love the fruit flavors when made into flowers.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 7

I got on their website once and it was something like $70 for 10 lbs. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 7

If it stays soft so long do you have trouble making flowers with it BeeBoos? Will it harden after a day or two? I like using straight fondant for some decals (especially kid cakes) in case they want to eat them and I'd love to try the Fondarific because I've heard great things about the taste.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 7

I tried the samples and it tasted great and felt like it would handle well, but the price is just way too high... I'd have to jack my prices up substantially. I'll stick with my Satin Ice!

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 12:38am
post #6 of 7

It is all I use now. I love it. I find the fruit flavored fondant a little too strong for my taste, so I actually do a mix of @ 40% fruit with 60% BC fondant to mellow it out some and it is fabulous. It does stay soft and isn't good for flowers, I don't think. Unless hey are simple ones that aren't going to be handles and will rest on something. I cut out letters and wanted them to stand up in cupcakes, but they were never hard enough to do that. I even experimented and let them sit out for almost a week, and it was never REALLY hard enough.

I buy mine through cakesupplies4u.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:00am
post #7 of 7

I agree with the previous poster regarding using it for flowers etc. It is good for ribbon roses, leaves things such as that. I have never tried to model figures with it but i normally use wilton for pieces I dont think people will be eating. I have never tried mixing it with gum paste but then I never would because I keep it for when I want to cover a cake and have it taste awesome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%