Help With Jager Shaped Cake!!

Decorating By NaughtyBaker09 Updated 13 May 2013 , 12:48pm by manddi

NaughtyBaker09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NaughtyBaker09 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:41am
post #1 of 14

Hello!

I just got a request for a jager shaped cake to feed 50 people! I have already looked up different pictures and ideas! I dont know how much I should charge for pricing. I want to try to price it to her with just buttercream or with fondant.. This is for a 19 yr olds birthday...it is for labor day weekend.....
Thanks in advance!

13 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:57am
post #2 of 14

What is a jager? What shape is it?

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:59am
post #3 of 14

A jagermeister cake for a 19 year old? Hope the parents didn't order it.

NaughtyBaker09 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:13am
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarMomma

yes the mom ordered it. The daughter is pregnant again so no partying but wanted to throw her a nice birthday party and thought this would be cute...

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:23am
post #5 of 14

A Jagermeister liquor bottle cake for a pregnant 19 year old ordered by her mother....words fail me.

I would hope they wouldn't be "partying" even if she weren't pregnant. Unless mom doesn't mind jail time.

Ruth0209 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:28am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyBaker09

Quote:

yes the mom ordered it. The daughter is pregnant again so no partying but wanted to throw her a nice birthday party and thought this would be cute...

icon_eek.gif

NaughtyBaker09 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:34am
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyBaker09

Quote:

icon_eek.gif

I know! She said she has been pregnant for 2 years straight now, but partying either way is no good for a almost 19yr old! icon_eek.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:03am
post #8 of 14

The Jagermeister may have had something to do with that. hee hee

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:33am
post #9 of 14

So what ideas/images do you have in mind that we are helping you price? Are you making the bottle or a themed sheetcake or ? A sculpted cake I price based on the complexity of the design, not the actual servings. I think most people start around $3/serving for buttercream and add $1 for fondant.

Is this a "friend" price or are you wanting real bakery price?

Are you making an edible image or hand replicating the image? (Well, either way I'd charge extra.)

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com is a great place for company logos & images.

NaughtyBaker09 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:15am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMakar

So what ideas/images do you have in mind that we are helping you price? Are you making the bottle or a themed sheetcake or ? A sculpted cake I price based on the complexity of the design, not the actual servings. I think most people start around $3/serving for buttercream and add $1 for fondant.

Is this a "friend" price or are you wanting real bakery price?

Are you making an edible image or hand replicating the image? (Well, either way I'd charge extra.)

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com is a great place for company logos & images.

Hi I googled jager shaped cakes and found some ideas! It is a shaped jager bottle, i emailed her a few i found to get an idea. She is not a friendc, she found my ad and emailed me.
I want to do an edible image but I am unsure if there are any companies that would charge to make it for me to take home.....I have no clue where to look! If not I will hand replicate it...

Thanks for the website...! icon_biggrin.gif

Mommy2ThreeBoys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy2ThreeBoys Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:41am
post #11 of 14

Wow 19 and pregnant again........things that make you hmmmmmm......and then for the cake mom ordered, makes one wonder even more.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 6:18am
post #12 of 14

Sorry, I did read that you were making a shaped cake. I just forgot when I started typing.

Luckily, a Jager bottle is relatively flat, so you won't need much carving. You are doing this bottle laying down, I suppose? If you're sticking with buttercream, I'd carve it out of a 2 layer half sheet & charge accordingly (i.e. not as a 3D cake since there's not much cutting involved.) Then I'd charge an extra fee for the edible image or the hand decorating. While most places will not do copyrighted images, many will do "as long as you don't tell."

If it was a fondant cake, I'd probably charge it as a 3D cake as that fondant on an odd shape is a pain. Plus, fondant ain't cheap!

I love that logo site! I found out about it here on CC!

Barbara Buck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbara Buck Posted 13 May 2013 , 12:10pm
post #13 of 14

AStop being so judgmental...stick with the topic which is cake!!!

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 13 May 2013 , 12:48pm
post #14 of 14

AZombie thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%