Moose Sugar Cookie Help (Time Wise)

Baking By toleshed Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm by cylstrial

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 6

I have started working at a bakery. They want a moose cookie as their signature cookie. (The town has a moose theme) I don't feel they are cost productive at all. It takes me just about 6 hrs to cut out, bake, fondant and RI them. They have this terrible fondant in a big box. Its so sticky that I just can't do anything with it at all. It stretches so bad.
I guess my question is should I not be taking this long to make these?
We're talking about 30 cookies here. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Hes paying me pretty good to do these and I don't want him to think I'm intentionally taking so long.

5 replies
auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 6

skip the fondant and just use RI - flood it in brown, let it dry overnight, and pipe the details the next day. alot easier than using fondant too!

toleshed Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:02am
post #3 of 6

I'm terrible at flooding - thats why I use the fondant. icon_smile.gif

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:05am
post #4 of 6

Can you add ps to the fondant to make it less sticky?

toleshed Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:11am
post #5 of 6

I've tried everything. Its a buttercream fondant. I got spoiled making my own. I'm not sure what to do. But maybe I'll try a little more ps. Thanks

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 6

Well you could always ask him if you could make your own. And you will get quicker as you continue to make them.

Are you cutting them out by hand? If so, can you find a cookie cutter to help take the time off?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%