Carol Deacon Or Debbie Brown?

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 2:08am by G_Cakes

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 6

I've already ordered a couple of Debbie Brown books, and I'm waiting for them to arrive. However, I noticed another author by the name of Carol Deacon who seems to have written similar step-by-step books. I've also noticed that Carol Deacon's books are much more inexpensive than Debbie Brown's.

If you have seen or used books by both authors, what is your opinion? Whose books are better?

TIA!

5 replies
babyhugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyhugs Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:54am
post #2 of 6

I haven't seen Carol Deacon's books but I love my Debbie Brown one!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:13am
post #3 of 6

I have used both books and find them both great... but learned the hard way after spending tons of money buying them that all I had to do was check them out at my local library.

You will be pleasantly surprised at what you will find there and I still have several books checked out that I have had for several months now.

I just call the library on the phone and re check them out.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 3:55am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLizzy

I have used both books and find them both great... but learned the hard way after spending tons of money buying them that all I had to do was check them out at my local library.

You will be pleasantly surprised at what you will find there and I still have several books checked out that I have had for several months now.

I just call the library on the phone and re check them out.

If you've had them that long, perhaps you should think about buying them. Someone else may be looking for them, too. If you can't afford to buy new, try used book stores, ebay, amazon. Just a thought.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 6

carole deacon is great too. i think she does different cakes to debbie brown, in that debbies are more fondant based, with caroles are simple and quick bc, to fancier more time needed fondant cakes. good to look at and browse for pretty pics, id recommend. do try your library tho, and be careful if you buy, some of the books are updated old ones, with many of the same cakes.
xx

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:08am
post #6 of 6

"If you've had them that long, perhaps you should think about buying them. Someone else may be looking for them, too. If you can't afford to buy new, try used book stores, ebay, amazon. Just a thought."

Actually they allow me to re check them out only if no one else has requested them...but no worries it's all good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%