I'm A Nerd!

Decorating By 3SheetCakes Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 10:51pm by Kandy4283

3SheetCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3SheetCakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:46am
post #1 of 13

So, I've kinda been having a pity party for myself lately. I have posted several pictures of my cakes and no one had made any comments. I was feeling pretty bummed.....

but then I realized that in my profile I had selected "No" for allowing other members to comment.

I'm such a nerd!

Of course I'd love to hear all of your comments. It is now fixed. Comment away CC'ers. My pity party is over icon_smile.gif

12 replies
Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:48am
post #2 of 13

How do you see people's pictures??

3SheetCakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:57am
post #3 of 13

In the forums, you can just click on "photos" which shows up below each member's forum post.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 13

Your cakes are great!

3SheetCakes Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:15am
post #5 of 13

Thank you so much! I'm still learning and I love CC, I have learned so much here and everyone is so wonderful. I have nothing but great things to say about this site. I don't know what I would do without it!!

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:28am
post #6 of 13

LOL!! I did the same thing when i first started on here! ha! Opps! But we figured it out huh!! lol

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:38am
post #7 of 13

Oh yeah... you "forgot" to uncheck No... uh huh suuuuure. icon_biggrin.gif

Im kidding! Actually, and dont get me wrong I love CC, but back when I signed up the front page was much better. It displayed all the recently submitted cakes when you came on, and as new ones were put up the new cakes slowly got pushed down the screen. But that gave a lot of time for your cake to be seen by everyone.

Now they just have the 2 bands across the top that you manually click through. They only show like 5 cakes at a time, and with all the submissions in an hour, your cake has about 4 minutes of being seen, then it's pushed aside.

Most people probably rarely take the time to scroll all the way back through all the cakes in the day because of the tedious click (load) click (load) click (load). It's said if an internet page takes longer than 8 seconds to load up, people loose interest and click off before it can finish. It's the 8 second rule for web designers. So with they way they have pics now, Im sure a great many people never see beautiful cakes.

But enough whining from me. Next time post pics on the forum too so we can see and share icon_smile.gif

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 13

Oh, duh. Guess I'm a nerd too for not figuring that one out. I even tried to have my computer science degree husband help me and I guess he's a nerd too!! That button looks "greyed out". Anyway, thanks - your cakes are great by the way!!! Really good! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 13

Great work on your cakes - you can only keep learning from this site - I do everyday!

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:41pm
post #10 of 13

Great work on your cakes - you can only keep learning from this site - I do everyday!

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 13

That would be an easy mistake to make, lol. Your cakes are all great!!! thumbs_up.gif

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm
post #12 of 13

oh my gosh.. i wrote than big ol' post and realized I didn't tell you that your cakes do look great! Im sorry

I really like the chocolate with the pink polka dots. Something about that look I just really like!

Keep up the great work! icon_smile.gif

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 10:51pm
post #13 of 13

ok, I have some more time now, I got to look at your cakes and they are great!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%