Just What We Want To Hear!!!

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 7:49pm by dorie67

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 12

So we've all got great stories about awful clients, so I thought I'd share a really great story about a great client!

A little backstory: This person emails me telling me they need a small butterfly cake, preferably two tiers, to feed about 30-40 people. I suggest a 6in and 8 inch and ask if she has any pictures in mind. She send a picture, but asks that the butterflies be pastel. She also says it doesn't have to be exactly like the picture, she will give me creative freedom (I love it when they say that!--most of the time icon_lol.gif )
Purely by coincidence I had another wedding the same weekend wanting see through butterfly wings on their wedding cake, so I started playing with the gelatin butterflies. Here is the final cake: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1441401

And here is the email I received this morning from the bride (well, one of the brides, hence the two pink butterflies on the top of the cake)

Jill,

I just wanted to send you a note of thanks for doing such a wonderful job on my wedding cake. I looked so beautiful that we didnt even want to share. The taste was awesome. I will definitely be back to give you my business. No more birthday cakes from Wal mart for me! Smile. I will be sure to recommend you more business in the future. Once again, THANKS and job well done. You really out did yourself in my book.

11 replies
Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 12

Well, good grief! What's not to love, that's a beautiful cake. The butterflies are gorgeous. Now, tell us how you did them! LOL

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 12

My daughter loves butterflies- how do I do these? They are gorgeous!

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 12

Very sweet! Could you PM me the directions on how you did the butterflies? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 12
jillmakescakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 12

thank you tiggy!! I didn't have time to find it!

I actually read through all 26 pages and then gave it a shot! I was very pleased at how easy they were.

Anybody else have great customer feedback they'd like to share?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 12

Thank you, Jill, for reassuring all of us that not ALL brides are bridezillas!!! Most of the threads on here, although entertaining icon_lol.gif , would tend to scare most people out of ever attempting a wedding cake.

Yours was gorgeous, and the bride's kind words were well deserved.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 12

I just love it when anyone takes the time to write a thank you about the cakes they get from me. I've got a few posted on my website and I swear, they aren't related to me icon_smile.gif!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:01pm
post #9 of 12

Awww...the cake is beautiful and what a nice bride! Whoo hoo!! That makes ya feel good.

jillmakescakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:29pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks guys thumbs_up.gif

JGMB, you're right, the bridezillas are entertaining, but they are few and far between.

As another awesome compliment, I was listed on the local Best Of list for Wedding Cakes (results will be in on Wed!!), there is a place for people to vote and leave a comment. One person wrote "You can't by happiness but (my company name) proves you can bake it!"

How sweet is that? I also thought that might make a good tagline for someone.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:44pm
post #11 of 12

Hoorah for you, you earned that email and those compliments, your cake was beautiful! princess.gif

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 7:49pm
post #12 of 12

Hoorah for you, you earned that email and those compliments, your cake was beautiful! princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%