Shiny Fondant???

Decorating By Jealena Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 2:18pm by Jealena

Jealena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jealena Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 4

Have any of you ever tried steaming your fondant (yes, the type of steamer you use on your clothes).. on the cake to give it a shiny look? I saw this on cake boss and was wondering if anyone had success doing it? icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

3 replies
kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 4

Just last weekend I purchased a clothes steamer from Walmart for aprox $20, believe it was a conair. I steamed black & white fondant for a cake & it gave a nice shine - the black looked like patten leather. I also got the idea from cake boss. Was very happy with the outcome! Try & let me know how you make out. Good luck!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 4

I use a steamer all the time for different cake projects. It also set the petal dust or luster dust on your gumpaste flowers... (no dust falling onto cake) and gives them such a natural finish. Caution. Do not hold it close to the cake... if it spits water, your cake will have spots.

Jealena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jealena Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, I can't wait to try it. I knew I would get an answer here. Thanks for the caution too, would not have thought about the water spots. I will post how it comes out..... icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%