What Mixer Should I Get

Decorating By Patsl Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 2:15am by HowCoolGomo1

Patsl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patsl Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 2

Hello there, I have a dumb question, I need a new mixer and would like to know what you all recommend. Currently I have a hand held. I havent really done any cakes yet except for immediate family. Thanks for your input!

1 reply
HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 2

This is not a dumb question.

Mixers, cost big money. They need to hold up to anything and everything you put in them.

You are trying to get the best mixer to last the test of the time.

The suckers are expensive. I saved for years to get exactly what I wanted, my KA classic was restaurant quality over 30 years ago. I bought from Sam's Club. Best $250 I've spent, when it comes to this stuff.

My guy, has yet to emit ugly smells. My guy has made cookies for my brother's command. We're talking 5 different type of cookies, for 100 troops and at least one dozen of each cookie and for every troop.

For those of you not in the know a troop is a person. It worked for 4 days straight and never gave up. I, on the other hand, didn't make cookies for 3 years after the adventure.

Ok, I'm done tooting my own horn. KA, is not what I bought 30 years ago.

If you have enough money, go to a restaurant supply house. They handle counter top mixers. Probably won't get a deal, but you might end up with something your children will fight over.

My Classic KA, is already on the it's mine list, from the nieces and nephew. I'm only pushing 53.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%