Need Tasty Pina Colada Cupcake Receipe

Baking By meredith1851 Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 5:09am by bafishr

meredith1851 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredith1851 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,
I have been promsing my husband and friends a Pina Colada Cupcake and have been all over the internet and can't seem to find one that incorporates 'coconut cream' in the batter. I see coconut milk but none with the cream. I want it to have crushed pinapple and rum in it too. If a receipe says 'coconut milk' do you think i can just substitute it with the 'coconut cream'? If not, does anyone have a recipe that might work that they would be willing to send me? Thank you so very much for any help you can provide!

2 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 3

I think some adjustments would need to be made - coconut milk has less fat and more water than coconut cream. I have no clue how to adjust icon_redface.gif , but I don't think you could use a direct substitution. I Googled recipes but found none using coconut cream, either. I use Amoretti coconut cream compound in my pina colada cake, but that's a totally different product. Maybe someone else will be more helpful icon_lol.gif .

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:09am
post #3 of 3

How about this one? http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/Recipes2/6836.html It uses both coconut milk and cream along with the rum.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%