Let's Legalize Oklahoma-Calling All Okies!!!!

Decorating By suz3 Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 1:53am by bake-aholic

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 9:30pm
post #91 of 99

Thanks for the help. I guess I wasn't explaining myself very well. If I had the money to do that to my home, I'd have a store front bakery.

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 10:26pm
post #92 of 99
Quote:
Quote:

Edited to add, your above statement if very contradictory. First you say you would like to see the requirements lowered for small inhome bakeries to exist, then in your next paragraph you say you resent the implications of the bill...so which is it?

Not contradictory at all. I think it's possible to lower the requirements for people to sell baked goods from their home without it costing the taxpayers nearly a quarter of a million dollars. It seems nonsensical to me to spend $200,000 so that a very small number of people can add a few dollars to their income every month and I don't see how it is the taxpayer's responsibility to foot the bill for it especially when the state is in such a fiscal mess and considering the massive budget cuts that are underway.

But if they're going to do it, it is totally unfair to set limits on the number of people who can get such a license. Other states don't do that, why should we.

I realize not everyone can afford the costs to become commercially licensed, but I don't see where it is the taxpayer's responsibility to fix that problem. The state could easily enact a cottage industry law that wouldn't require heavy handed, cost intensive inspections.

ashleybs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleybs Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:51pm
post #93 of 99

Ok, totally unrelated, but can anyone please tell me where I can buy red Satin Ice (at this point it could be a different brand) fondant in the Oklahoma City area??? I'm making an OU graduation cake next week and I would really love not to have to dye it myself!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:07pm
post #94 of 99

midwest bakers supply or candy connection

ashleybs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleybs Posted 4 May 2010 , 12:10am
post #95 of 99

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

DanielleRG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleRG Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:05pm
post #96 of 99

I just learned of the Oklahoma home bakers act 0f 2010 today. I would love for them to pass one. In Ottawa county, Oklahoma you can not bake and sell products from your home and you can not have a bakery attached to your home. At least this is what our local health department says.

I wanted to know if anything else has come of the March ruling?

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:17pm
post #97 of 99

Hi! The HB2771 died when Senator Jolley refused to hear it in his committee. We are resubmitting a new bill. Please read my post Okies unite to pass home baking bill and have everyone you know contact those representative and ask for a yes vote. We did make it though 2 committees last time and hopefully we will make it all the way this time. I will update when anything new happens.
Happy baking

DanielleRG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleRG Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 4:57am
post #98 of 99

Either I'm too blonde or I just missed your post of the people to contact about the bill. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

bake-aholic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bake-aholic Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 1:53am
post #99 of 99

Does anyone know the latest on 2771? Sounds like it just didn't have the support it needed. Any info would be great. I am quite interested in grouping with others to reactivate it and support it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%