Let's Legalize Oklahoma-Calling All Okies!!!!

Decorating By suz3 Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 1:53am by bake-aholic

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 12:34am
post #31 of 99

Welcome onboard Ashleybs!! All help is greatly appreciated. I have been out of town but plan to email Eric to see if there is anything new or anything else we need to be doing right now.

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 1:31am
post #32 of 99

I had already spoken to my Representative about this when he asked for legislation ideas a couple of months ago. He seemed very interested, so I'll be sure to let him know this is already in the works!

Anya

suz3 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 6:15pm
post #33 of 99

I did email Kery Vincent asking for her support on this bill. She said that she would look at the bill and might be willing to support if it contained adequate inspections. I say YEAH she didn't say he** no!!!! Is anyone a member of ICES? If so, could we get support from them? Keep those calls coming. Let everyone you know to contact their representative. The way to find out contact info is Capitalconnect.com/oklahoma/

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:26am
post #34 of 99

Have you heard anything? I had so much going on this month I forgot to check!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:39am
post #35 of 99

I will also contact the representative. I pray and hope this bill goes through. Thanks everyone for getting this information out there. icon_smile.gif

Kathy

suz3 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 6:33pm
post #36 of 99

Just a quick update. I talked to my rep before the holidays. He said there was a spot reserved for the bill and legal was going over the terminology. I will contact him again now that the holidays are over to get a status update. I'll be back as soon as I hear anything new. Be ready to call and write!!!!

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 2:55am
post #37 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by suz3

Just a quick update. I talked to my rep before the holidays. He said there was a spot reserved for the bill and legal was going over the terminology. I will contact him again now that the holidays are over to get a status update. I'll be back as soon as I hear anything new. Be ready to call and write!!!!

yes please do, it would make a world of difference in my house financially if this was approved. Do we have a House Bill (HB) # yet so I can reference it in my letter and phone call?

CakeMom75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom75 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 2:06pm
post #38 of 99

I am an ICES member and I'm also starting the Tulsa Cake Club. Let me know when you have info and I'll pass it along to every Oklahoma caker I know!

suz3 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:02pm
post #39 of 99

Please let me know details about the Tulsa Cake Club. Sounds like fun!

CakeMom75 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 6:52pm
post #40 of 99

Tulsa Cake Club will be lots of fun! We'll meet monthly and socialize, have demos, etc. I'd also like to have a service project where we bake birthday cakes for those less fortunate - like children who wouldn't normally have one. PM me your contact info and I'll let you know when we launch...probably February or March at the latest.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 7:15pm
post #41 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMom75

Tulsa Cake Club will be lots of fun! We'll meet monthly and socialize, have demos, etc. I'd also like to have a service project where we bake birthday cakes for those less fortunate - like children who wouldn't normally have one. PM me your contact info and I'll let you know when we launch...probably February or March at the latest.

CakeMom75: I'm not an Oklahoman but am next door in Missouri. Would you accept an out-of-stater as part of your club? We don't have any clubs (or classes, or demos) close to where I live and Tulsa is just as close as travelling to Kansas City or St. Louis for me. I'd have to check with the hubs first of course... icon_biggrin.gif PM me will details if this might be ok.

jemini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemini1 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #42 of 99

wow, this does sound like fun. i'm a newbie from okc, would love to hear the details (pm me?) and see if i might be able to join too? thanks.

Renaejrk Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #43 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemini1

wow, this does sound like fun. i'm a newbie from okc, would love to hear the details (pm me?) and see if i might be able to join too? thanks.

Or... maybe us OKC and surrounding areas should start one? Would be easier than driving 2 hours to Tulsa! I live in Choctaw and I know several home bakers who would love an outlet!

Chippi Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:48am
post #44 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

Quote:

Or... maybe us OKC and surrounding areas should start one? Would be easier than driving 2 hours to Tulsa! I live in Choctaw and I know several home bakers who would love an outlet!

A little closer would be helpful but if not I'd be glad to drive to Tulsa also being it is just once a month. icon_smile.gif

jemini1 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #45 of 99

i'd be open to a club closer to home for sure. how do we go about it? j

Renaejrk Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:06am
post #46 of 99

not sure - but let's all start looking into it! Those of you that have one starting in Tulsa, could you give us some advice?

Chippi Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:17am
post #47 of 99
Quote:

i'd be open to a club closer to home for sure. how do we go about it? j

We build a lil club house outback and.......lol...heck I dunno lol I'd be all for it I can read up about it.

Chippi Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:23am
post #48 of 99

Here is a good site for getting one started. Scroll to the bottom. icon_smile.gif

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakeclubs.htm

Renaejrk Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:42am
post #49 of 99

wow - lots of work! LOL

Lorieann55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorieann55 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 12:23am
post #50 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMom75

I live just outside of Tulsa and will be watching for more info on the Tulsa Cake Club! thumbs_up.gif

jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:38pm
post #51 of 99

Is there any more news on the bill or the cake club in tulsa?

suz3 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm
post #52 of 99

I just talked to my rep. and he said the bill is being held up by a lack of Republician support. They say the bill is focusing on the budget (have they looked at the state of Oklahoma's budget lately). So if any of you have republician representatives PLEASE contact them and ask for their support. I don't want this bill to die due to politics.

CakeMom75 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 12:57am
post #53 of 99

I am so excited to share that the Tulsa Cake Club's first meeting is March 9th at 6:30pm! I hope to meet lots of Oklahoma cakers! The meeting will be in the classroom at All Things Cake, which is a new sugar art supply store at 71st & Memorial.

We also have a facebook group page, so check it out and join! (Tulsa Cake Club)

Yay Okie Cakers!!

jemini1 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:15am
post #54 of 99

i'm excited, too, and yet so bummed. i'm happy the club is starting, but i live in okc and don't see how i can come on a tuesday night. do you think you'll ever have meetings on the weekend? icon_cry.gif

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:47am
post #55 of 99

this would be ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!

suz3 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:52pm
post #56 of 99

Just wanted to make sure you noticed my last post-the bill to legalize home bakers is going nowhere right now do to partisan politics. PLEASE notify your representatives (dem and rep) and ask them to support this bill. It is so important for so many Oklahoman bakers and their families. I am as excited as everyone about the cake club but let's not lose sight of this most important goal.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:23pm
post #57 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by suz3

I just talked to my rep. and he said the bill is being held up by a lack of Republician support. They say the bill is focusing on the budget (have they looked at the state of Oklahoma's budget lately). So if any of you have republician representatives PLEASE contact them and ask for their support. I don't want this bill to die due to politics.

Has the bill even been filed? How can anyone stop him from filing it?

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:26am
post #58 of 99

Find your representative!!

http://www.okhouse.gov/FindRep.aspx

suz3 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 4:36pm
post #59 of 99

Eric says they are waiting to hear from the Committee chair person on a hearing for the bill. I'm not exactly sure what that means but that is what he emailed me. He said the other party is not being supportive.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 4:49pm
post #60 of 99

I assume this is the bill (although it's just one page and there's no actual specifics...?)

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/WebApplication2/WebForm1.aspx?Bill=HB2771

It is in the Economic Development and Financial Services Committee. You all need to call that committee's members to ask for a hearing. Something we did in Texas was to call that committee's clerk and ask for a hearing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%