Do You Put Just Made Mmf In Fridge Or Not

Decorating By branbrielliott2 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm by Win

branbrielliott2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
branbrielliott2 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 5

I have heard both....

I have left it out before and it was hard...even putting in micro didnt help..it cracked...awful...I normally just make and set till cool and use..but then it more soft ......I am going to make fondant flowers today and might use the rest to maybe cover cake tomorrow...

Thanks

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 5

I don't put it in the fridge. I usually just rub it with Criso, wrap it with plastic wrap and put it in a ziplock bag until the next day.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 5

I don't. I use it right away. Fresh made MFF works the best for me. (when I don't use satin Ice) You can always add more sugar if it's too soft. I store left overs and re-use for detail work etc. I just rub some criso over, wrap in saran wrap and then put in zip bag (air squeezed out ofcourse) and store inthe cabinet. When I need to use left overs I just put in microwave for a few seconds. I usually have to add a little more criso after heating. Works like a charm for me.

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 5

No fridge. I always store MMF at room temp.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by branbrielliott2

I have heard both....

I have left it out before and it was hard...even putting in micro didnt help..it cracked...awful...I normally just make and set till cool and use..but then it more soft ......I am going to make fondant flowers today and might use the rest to maybe cover cake tomorrow...

Thanks

You can store it in the fridge if you make a batch, use some, and know you won't need it again for some time... then you just let it come back up to room temp, or you might need to hit it for about 20 seconds in the microwave.

I'd say what happened to your batch that cracked was that you had crystallized your sugar while making it and just didn't realize it. Nothing will bring back crystallized MMF. I

If you are making flowers today and need it a little stiffer, simply knead in a little corn starch. It absorbs the extra moisture. You don't need much, so start with a little and add as you go. It does not affect the taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%