Online Advertising

Business By PaulineG Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 8:02am by PaulineG

PaulineG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulineG Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hi There,

I was looking for some advice on advertising online. I have started the google adwords programme in the last week, but just wondered if there is anything better. I am only just starting out with my cake business, and so cannot afford to pay any more than £50 per month right now.

Anyone have any info or advice?

Thanks
Pauline

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 12:40am
post #2 of 5

I'm on 21 wedding websites and most of them permit a free listing.

PaulineG Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 10:28am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Indydebi. I will look into this a bit more.

Pauline

venuscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venuscakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 5

Hi Pauline

I would agree with indydebi, try to get as many free lisitngs as you can.

If you do not already have one try to get a website - I think your $50 would be much better spent on getting a really good, interesting website.

Also find websites/blogs that may be interested in writing a little about you (with a link to you of course).

Also do what ever you can to get your site further up the google rankings. Interesting content, new stuff and other people being interested in your site will all help.

Social networking on sites like facebook and twitter may help increase your online presence.

Ultimately some things cost money but if you can stretch to it I think it is much more valuable than hit or miss advertising that you just hope is gonna work.

If you ask around you may find that someone you know or a friend of a friend does website design or search engine optimisation.

The SEO guy who works with my husband has done lots on my website and given me lots of great advice.

I have gone from 50 visits a day to an average of 300 in a few months. All I have to do for him is make cakes for his daughters birthdays for some time to come. Small price to pay for his expertise which would cost thousands.

I would say do as much of the free stuff before spending any hard earned cash.

Best of luck with your plans.

Amandax

PaulineG Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:02am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the advice, Venuscakes! I have actually just got my website up and running, and I am trying to work on getting higher up the google list. I will definitely do the Facebook thing, though. I'm also going to look into the free listings.
Thanks again, I really appreciate the info and advice.

Pauline

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%