Omg - Americolor! Where Have You Been All My Life?! :)

Decorating By BlackFlour Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 11:41pm by Sweetriley

BlackFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlackFlour Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:48am
post #1 of 10

I want to thank EVERYONE who has EVER suggested someone use Americolor! I needed some help on making some certain colors (specifically a dark red) and decided to make my own black too! A few drops of Americolor and I already had a dark dark gray! WOW! That color alone would've taken half the jar of wilton, at least! And did I mention how much cleaner they are to use?! Just flip the top! icon_smile.gif No mess on your hands, no mixing colors accidentally! I'm a super newbie, (can ya tell?) but I was like a kid in a candy store making my fondant! THANKS!!! icon_lol.gif

9 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:51am
post #2 of 10

Yes...It is divine!! icon_smile.gif

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 12:56am
post #3 of 10

Isn't it great! I recommend Americolor all the time. It makes life so much easier...cake decorating anyway!

kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:02am
post #4 of 10

OK, now you've all just convinced me to give them a try. I have only used Wilton because that what the local craft stores sell, looks like I might have to do some online shopping.

mrsclox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsclox Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 1:05am
post #5 of 10

I just used Americolor for the first time last week and I was amazed as well. I bought 3 bottles thinking I would need it all to get the bright hot pink I wanted, but I only used half of one bottle. I'm converted!

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 10

i have ordered some and awaiting it now but since ordering have found out its against eu regs so cant use it for customers here in the uk, bummer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 10

I have switched to Americolor from Wiltons and am glad I did. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 9:08pm
post #8 of 10

LOL! Welcome to the club. Americolor is so wonderful! You can't go back - that's for sure.

NatalieMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieMarie Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 11:20pm
post #9 of 10

Really really wish I could use Americolor but I can't coz it's against EU regs!!! Urgh, as if we Brits need any more excuses to resent Brussels dictating to us!!

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 11:41pm
post #10 of 10

The greatest tip I ever got from this site (and I've gotten tons!) was to switch to Americolor! I want to marry the guy (or girl) that invented the stuff!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%