A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Fair

Decorating By idgalpal Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm by idgalpal

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 5

Let me start off by saying this was totally my own fault! I was rushing and didn't let the buttercream between the tiers set up before I tried to transport the cake to the Fair. It was the fourth turn that did it. The entire cake slid off the base and the top tier fell off completely and landed on top of my jacket laying on the seat next to the cake. Miraculously none of the gumpaste roses on the top broke. This was a dummy cake and I never would have been so casual in transporting it if it had been a real cake or for a real event. The lesson I learned: Don't rush!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1440538.html

4 replies
Criola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Criola Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 5

Ironically enough, I came across this picture while browsing and I remember thinking what a beautiful cake at the same token i thought the decorator must be insane to transport it that way...lol...i'm glad that your able to laugh about it =) t

LynnZClaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LynnZClaire Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 5

oh no! What a pretty cake it was icon_smile.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 5

gorgeous! guess i won't be entering the idaho fair anytime soon with that kind of competition! homedale fair it is icon_biggrin.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 5

Oh adree313, thanks for the compliment. Someone was walking in ahead of me with their cake I thought about turning around and putting my cake right back in the car! All I see are the flaws in mine, but thanks to cakecentral.com I know I'm my own worst critic, we are all critical of our own work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%