Indydeb's Bc

Decorating By tiggerjo Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 1:56pm by mbt4955

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 6

Sorry, my search does not work icon_cry.gificon_twisted.gif . I need to make this chocolate. Does anyone know how much choc to add and what kind? TIA

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 6

I looked up all the recipes that IndyDebi submitted and she has only submitted the regular buttercream recipe.

Maybe you could PM her and ask what she does to make it chocolate.

tiggerjo Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 6

thanks, i will do just that.

Jo-Ann

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 6

I normally start with about 1/2 c of cocoa mixed into my butter/shortening (if heat isn't an issue, I like Debi's recipe with 50/50 butter/shortening .. just because I like butter icon_smile.gif). You can add more cocoa, melted chocolate, LorAnn chocolate flavoring, chocolate syrup/ice cream topping ... just keep working with it until you have what you are looking for. I almost always use coffee for the liquid in my chocolate icings. You can't taste it, but it intensifies the chocolate flavor.

HTH.

tiggerjo Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 6

thank you

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 6

You're welcome.

Actually, I went back to my PM from Debi when I asked her the same question and here is what she said ... I have made it in chocolate. Remember, I'm a "till it looks right cook" so I'll apologize in advance for no measurements, but I just add a mixture of Hershey Chocolate syrup and Hershey Cocoa (liquid and powder to offset each other) until I get the flavor/color/consistency that I need.

You may as well have the answer from the true source! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%