Holy Moley... I Think I Got Threatened With A Gun

Business By snarkybaker Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 8:09pm by cakegrandma

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:27am
post #1 of 60

So, y'all may remember that this little chica stole my bakery name even though I have a trademark. So we filed a lawsuit and got a restraining order. As it turns out, this little girl is 22 years old and spending her daddy's money.

The Daddy called me today and said " Look I may be redneck who doesn't know anything, but I'm a member of the NRA, and I'll come up there and do whatever I want..." icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Who knew cake was such a tough business ? Long story short - protect your business name. That's my advice.

59 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:28am
post #2 of 60

file a complaint with the police IMMEDIATELY

that is out and out harassment and threat of assault

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:30am
post #3 of 60

What the heck??!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

I think I'd be reporting that comment to the police if I were you. That's a threat to be taken seriously, don't you think?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:30am
post #4 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

file a complaint with the police IMMEDIATELY

that is out and out harassment and threat of assault

You also need to protect yourself from nut jobs.

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:31am
post #5 of 60

Call the police now. Now!

snarkybaker Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:31am
post #6 of 60

My husband did report to our police department. Since we don't know the guys name its tough for them to do anything.

Doug Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:34am
post #7 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

My husband did report to our police department. Since we don't know the guys name its tough for them to do anything.

if daddy's paying the bills -- there's a record of it somewhere.

give the info on the daughter to the police and have them track him down.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:37am
post #8 of 60

Oh my goodness! That is horrible! Good advice in the posts above, take it!

Take care of yourself and be careful. You can't put anything past anyone these days, so many nut jobs on the loose.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:38am
post #9 of 60

I didn't have caller ID when I lived in IN, but I could dial *69 and get the number of the last incoming call.

With the new phone company I have, there's a special number I can dial after any "strange" incoming calls and the number will be saved. If necessary, I can then call the phone company and have the number traced....

HTH

goddessa12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goddessa12 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:39am
post #10 of 60

But don't you have the daughter's info from the lawsuit?? Surely they can look him up via her right??
Be Safe, be overly safe... I worked as a manager @ Steak n Shake and I discovered that more often than not if they were worked up enough to threaten you, they were worked up enough to do something about it!

snarkybaker Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:42am
post #11 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

if daddy's paying the bills -- there's a record of it somewhere.

give the info on the daughter to the police and have them track him down.

We gave the phone number he called from to the police etc. The really strange part, the phone number belongs to a big Ol' Baptist church outside Charlotte...he threatened me from a church office.

Doug Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:49am
post #12 of 60

she has a birth certificate.

daddy's name is on it.

the police can find out.

and if dad cosigned the loan.

and as it was from a church office -- that mean's daughter is most likely member there too -- so a look-see at the church membership records will give even more info.

and since you can place time of call -- that also gives clue as to who might have been in the building -- after all if well after hours, it has to be someone with a key -- which makes them either high ranking member or a part of cleaning staff.

get those police doing their job!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:53am
post #13 of 60

Oh my...this could be bad for you. Be careful.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:09am
post #14 of 60

I'm glad you called the police. I on the other hand am ignorant. I don't like threats and I live in the good 'ol South. If he called me, I would have told him to come on...cause what I did would have been legal then.

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:11am
post #15 of 60

Please file a police report ASAP. Once that has been done you should be provided with a case number associated with that report. Then contact your local exchange company (LEC) ..i.e. Verizon, AT&T etc., etc and request a "Call Detail Report" of your phone activity for the timeframe in which the call was made to your phone. They may require you to submit the case number from your local authority (police) along with the name of the detective assigned to your case. Your LEC may choose one of two or both options to provide to you; (1) A report of all inbound and outbound calling activity; (2) Put a Call Trace on your phone which will capture the caller ID should they call again. One word of cautioncalls that are Blocked will not be identifiable. Hope this helps and good luck!

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:39am
post #16 of 60

Great advice from all the previous posts. We can't take that kind of thing lightly. I work in an insurance office and people get riled up and threats are taken seriously. PLease, please keep us updated.

cakesbyg08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyg08 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 11:22am
post #17 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

I don't like threats and I live in the good 'ol South. If he called me, I would have told him to come on...cause what I did would have been legal then.

I would react the same way!! LOL

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 11:44am
post #18 of 60

Lots of good advice here. Geez, the world is fuill of crazies.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 11:49am
post #19 of 60

Wow he's a walking cliche isn't he?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:01pm
post #20 of 60

That is nuts! Stay safe!

Maybe he broke into the church office?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:02pm
post #21 of 60

Whoa, SnarksBuddy, too much!

I've been there, been threatened like that, several times, twice in person, no three times ick--no fun. If it continues consider therapy no kidding. Eventually it messes with your noggin. Or consider a carry permit.

icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:10pm
post #22 of 60

My father is a minister, and after being around the clergy all my life I can promise you that there are just as many crazies in churches as there are on the streets.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 12:13pm
post #23 of 60

WOW icon_eek.gif It's crazies like this that give the NRA a bad name............

Just be careful Snarks, his threats are probably just scare tactics, but you never know.

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:06pm
post #24 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

WOW icon_eek.gif It's crazies like this that give the NRA a bad name............

Just be careful Snarks, his threats are probably just scare tactics, but you never know.

I totally agree. My husband and father in law are both life members of the NRA and you will never meet two people who are bigger advocates of gun safety and of idiots not being around firearms. This guy clearly is not representative of the organization he says he's in.

Secondly, I agree with everyone else and call the police. If you have a restraining order, so she is having other people call you and threaten you, I think that's a violation of the order. Have her butt thrown in jail, call the newspaper, do what you have to do. Do I *really* think he'd shoot you over this? No. But, he needs to be taught a lesson that these tactics are COMPLETELY unacceptable and illegal. Get a restraining order on him too. Did you answer the phone when he said that or was it a message? If it was a message, don't erase it.

Scary, scary business. I can't believe this got so out of control because she didn't want to change the name!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:10pm
post #25 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

That is nuts! Stay safe!

Maybe he broke into the church office?

More likely he's the minister. I've worked at a big local church before and let me tell you, not all of those men are as holy off stage.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:14pm
post #26 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

More likely he's the minister. I've worked at a big local church before and let me tell you, not all of those men are as holy off stage.

Like the one that tried to hit on me at a church festival. I flatly turned him down, so he hit on my best friend, who was standing next to me.

I would love to hear what the police had to say about this. Awaiting follow-up.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm
post #27 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Quote:

Like the one that tried to hit on me at a church festival. I flatly turned him down, so he hit on my best friend, who was standing next to me.

I had that problem...I was 18 and a newlywed and helping with the weddings. The assistant minister who did the weddings was a little too touchy-feely and when I complained about it, the human resources lady said he was just being brotherly and that I didn't understand. So I told her if I had a brother and he squeezed my butt, I'd punch him and that's what I'd be doing to the minister the next time he tried it.

The next day I was looking for another job.

blu_canary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blu_canary Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:23pm
post #28 of 60

OMG! My jaw is dropping to the floor. People never fail to amaze me...and sometimes scare the beejeebies out of me, as well.

Lots of good advice on here.... I can't think of anything to add. Just wanted you to know that there was at least one more person on your side and offering moral support.

Hang in there, and be careful. *Hugs*

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:29pm
post #29 of 60
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Quote:

I had that problem...I was 18 and a newlywed and helping with the weddings. The assistant minister who did the weddings was a little too touchy-feely and when I complained about it, the human resources lady said he was just being brotherly and that I didn't understand. So I told her if I had a brother and he squeezed my butt, I'd punch him and that's what I'd be doing to the minister the next time he tried it.

The next day I was looking for another job.

OMG!!! That woman was SO wrong for that!

But I'm glad you got out of there as awful as getting fired is.

snarkybaker Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 3:31pm
post #30 of 60

Okay, so here's the scoop. We tracked him down. He is indeed an assistant minister. The one in charge of marriage counseling, no less. The sheriff in my county thinks we need to file a complaint in their county in this instance.

I am not really afraid, I just never thought I'd end up in the middle of a John Grisham novel in the cupcake business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%