Ideas For Christmas In August Cake??

Decorating By hluterbach Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 12:19am by mysonbronson

hluterbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hluterbach Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 6

so i have to do a christmas in august cake this saturday. lady wants a 9" cake that includes a christmas tree with presents and something park like since the party is in the park. so the only idea i can come up with is to put a christmas tree and presents on the top along with maybe a park bench and a light post. what can i do around the sides of cake. or does anyone have any other ideas for me at all. i feel like i am at a loss on this one. i was it to look nice but i am afraid it will be too plain. and i was going to cover the cake in green fondant. will that look weird with the green christmas tree on it. i clearly need guidance. icon_smile.gif
heidi

5 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 6

I'm guessing you're doing a frozen buttercream transfer for the picture on the cake? If so, I think a white cake would be just fine. For the park integration though, how about a regular shade tree decorated like a Christmas tree with the presents underneath and the bench and light post like you mentioned? It'd be a definite twist on the traditional Christmas theme. I'm thinking a plain red shell border.

hluterbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hluterbach Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 6

i was actually planning to do molded figures of the christmas tree, bench and light post out of fondant. just seemed strange to have that all on top of the cake with nothing on the sides.
heidi

reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 6

WOW! Then construction wise I think your original idea sounds great. Presents on the side wouldn't hurt either.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:00am
post #5 of 6

Decorate the lamp posts w/banners - christmas theme. Twist some greenery around them.......or from one to the other?
Not sure I agree w/covering the cake w/green fondant.......a very light blue - marbled blue/white would be better.

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:19am
post #6 of 6

I live in Hawaii so the first thing I thought about was our Hawaiian Santa which gets put up every year in downtown honolulu. We actually have serveral some are wearing shorts and a Aloha Shirt and some have there shirt open like the picture. Hopefully I can attach it so it makes a little more sense. Good luck and I can't wait to see it.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%