Going Crazy! Dreaming Weird Cake Dreams...

Decorating By bakesuzy Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 3:07pm by christinapp

bakesuzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakesuzy Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 12

HI, um do you begin a forum post with HI, icon_lol.gif
Anyway... just thought id share my weird cake dream with you...
I am fairly new at baking and decorating cakes, i only started in January and taught myself via the internet...
So 2 weeks or so ago i attempted my second tiered cake, this was sort of for a friends mom, i didn't ask her a lot for the cake, but it was initially a two tiered cake, but then she wanted a dummy on top...so i threw that in for free-didn't really have a choice - she kind of just said, Oh and make a it a three tier, but make the top part a dummy after i told her how much...
So getting to the dream part...

I dreamt the other night that she phoned me and asked for a cake for her son... Get this : a cake made of sheep in the form of the hubble telescope but that it shouldn't be a real cake, just a dummy cake... and then in my dream i though, o good, now she is probably going to say she wants it for free because its only a fake cake....right! Well that was my weird dream...
and while i was dreaming this i was thinking that i should come on cakecentral and ask for advise on how to make a sheep cake in the form of a hubble telescope... wahahah i have officially lost my mind!

Thanx...xoxoxo

11 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:17am
post #2 of 12

LOL! That's funny! Welcome to Cake Central!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:30am
post #3 of 12

Strange the dreams we have. icon_biggrin.gif Welcome to CC.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:32am
post #4 of 12

Too funny!
I usually just dream I went out of town and someone calls to ask what time I'll be delivering their order I forgot I'd scheduled. Or that I am home and it's due in 2 hours.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 12

I forgot to mention that I have cake dreams all the time too. I think it's normal when you're so involved in something. =o)

blu_canary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blu_canary Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 12

no hubble sheep for me, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with odd cake dreams!

I'm pretty new. Started with the Wilton classes back in March and now spend a lot of my stay-at-home mom waking time thinking cake, making cake, and practicing technique on dummy cakes. And NOW asleep time dreaming cake.

Mostly I dream of carved cakes and fondant. Big fondant. Like Clifford the Dog sized fondant. A full-size Clifford cake being my latest recurring dream/nightmare. I thank my 4 year-old daughter for the inspiration for that one. I've got a great kitchen, but not one big enough for big red fondant! It's been a huge source of stress in my dreams.

I guess the other stressors in my life have decided to show up as cake in my dreams? Dunno. But I definitely do prefer dreaming of cake (even stumping ones) rather than Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder version) throwing me into a river filled with alligators! icon_lol.gif

bakesuzy Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 12

Phew! i am glad i am not the only one with weird cake dreams!!! icon_biggrin.gif Its amazing that something that has been there, probably forever..dunno when the first cake was made... gives so much pleasure to so many people...those consuming cakes and the decoraters/bakers...
I just love iit!!!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesuzy

Phew! i am glad i am not the only one with weird cake dreams!!! icon_biggrin.gif Its amazing that something that has been there, probably forever..dunno when the first cake was made... gives so much pleasure to so many people...those consuming cakes and the decoraters/bakers...
I just love iit!!!

No, you are DEFINITELY not the only one with weird cake dreams!!!!!!
I have them all the time.................welcome to the club!!!! icon_wink.gif

teachingmyself Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teachingmyself Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:33pm
post #9 of 12

I am so glad you posted that, but mine wasn't about cake, it was about stand mixers I spent hours researching yesterday! I dreamed of the bowl sizes?????????!!!!!!!!!!

bakesuzy Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:35pm
post #10 of 12

hahaha! How weird is our brains! icon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:49pm
post #11 of 12

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but if the first part is not a dream (which I don't think it is), but I just wanted to mention, if a client makes ANY changes, they most CERTAINLY have to pay for those changes. Any price I quote you is for the original request, andy changes someone makes will inccur additional charges, and are also subject if I'm able to accomodate them.

christinapp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christinapp Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 3:07pm
post #12 of 12

Sorry for being the odd one, but my cake dreams are beautifull, and they usaually end up in my sketch book no matter what time of the night, or I forget in the morning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%