Make My Own Cake Stands?

Decorating By nicolesprinkle Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 3:45am by nicolesprinkle

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone have pictures of cake stands they have made themselves or maybe some ideas or directions? Thanks!

5 replies
jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 6

Here is a stand i made out of a set of 3 cutting boards i found at walmart. It displays a centerpiece and then 2-3 dozen cupcakes or all cupcakes. The edge is wide enought to add color coordinating ribbon. I've used it several times for different occasions

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1435037

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 6

I have one in my pictures that my husband made out of wood. It's very popular for fall weddings and any cakes that are chocolate.

GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 6

I recently made a cake for a Sweet 15 party, I made three 10x10 squared cakes. I bought two squared glass flower vases of different height. I decorated the inside of the vases with a rose and a rose bud, rocks and butterflies, all from Hobby Lobby. I used mirror plates from the craft dept not the candles area (they're more expensive) to place the cakes and placed the cakes on top of the vases. Hope this helps

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 6

There are many ways to create one. You can use candle holders as the pedestal, baseboards to frame a box shaped stand, inverted bowls and many more.

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 3:45am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! I am going to go check out the Hobby and lumber stores tomorrow! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%