Cake On Board Sign

Business By mkm25 Updated 8 May 2014 , 9:32pm by daj96

mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 36

I'm looking for some sort of sign to hang on my car that says "Cake On Board" or something like that. You know, something like the baby on board signs that will help explain why I'm driving so slowly! icon_smile.gif Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks!

35 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 36

I made my own with a big magnetic sheet and peel and press letters.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 36

Mine is classy with a Kapital K!! I tore a manila folder in half. Picked up a black magic marker and wrote:

CAUTION

Wedding Cake
Delivery
IN PROGRESS!

Duct taped it to the inside of my van window. When I'm done with the delivery, I remove it and tape it to the inside of my back van door, so it's easy access when I need it.

it does the job! thumbs_up.gif

mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 36

haha! I love the resourcefulness, Lucinda and indydebi! I've been thinking that I need a cute sign like that for a while now. I thought for sure someone sells it!! If not, somebody needs to get on that - imagine how many they'd sell!

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 36

I had a friend who worked in car signs, you can get a car magnet sign made fairly cheaply, she made mine for me.

Sharaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharaine Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 36

check vistaprint.com. They sell car magnets that you can probably do something like that on. That way you can use it when you like and take if off if not.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 36

You can make a car magnet for free at vistaprint.com. I think you just pay shipping. You have to choose from their backgrounds and are somewhat limited on the design, but you can still make it cute.

indydebi Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 36

The only exposure I've had to magnetic signs is so long ago, it's pitiful, so if the technoogy has changed, forgive this potentially silly question:

Can you put a magnet sign on a window? I want the sign at eye level, in my window, not on the metal part of the vehicle.

cs_confections Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:14pm
post #9 of 36

No, you can't stick it by itself to your window...

But....I bet you could use those suction cup sign holders (like what they use for the baby on board signs), affix the sign to two of those (punch holes or glue one in each top corner) and viola!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:19pm
post #10 of 36

Here is what I ordered from Vista Print
LL

cs_confections Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:29pm
post #11 of 36

I like it...clear and gets the message across like road hazzard sign.

I played with designing one on their site, but then cleared it. I just didn't see the point for a one time use, even though you just pay shipping. Instead I'll make a sign on the computer for my window when I do BIL's wedding cake.

indydebi Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:36pm
post #12 of 36

cakedevine, I like that one.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #13 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Mine is classy with a Kapital K!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Edited to add: I also made a magnetic sign at Vistaprint, in my company colours. It says "Cake Delivery in Progress. Thank you for your patience!"

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 36

Mine is a magnet not a one time use sticker.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:23pm
post #15 of 36

I ordered mine from Build a Sign and I was very happy with the price and quality. The magnet is very thick and heavy and sticks to the car HARD so I don't have to worry about it blowing off like my first one (from somewhere else) did. icon_sad.gif

cs_confections Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #16 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Mine is a magnet not a one time use sticker.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply it was a one time use item...I meant one time use for meicon_smile.gif I don't have any other wedding cakes planned in the distant future, other than the one. If I were to order the magnet, it would be used once and then stored for a long, long time, so I decided against it.

I do like the one you designed alot, though.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #17 of 36

Somebody from CC was selling them on ebay recently. Shill or Ceshell maybe?

DreamCakesOnline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamCakesOnline Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 2:20am
post #18 of 36

My thanks to cakesdivine! I just ordered two of the car magnets from Vistaprint with the same graphics and my business name, phone number and website on them along with "WEDDING CAKE DELIVERY VEHICLE". Figure it serves as advertising and a warning. Went for the first one free with $4.95 shipping and they offered a second for free after I checked out (it wasn't free on the first pass through) for just an addition $2.24 shipping. Total cost less than $7.00. I remember paying $50 for just one of these ten years ago...

cylstrial Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:38pm
post #19 of 36

Yay! I hope your's will fit the back of your car. I ordered one from Vista Print and I don't have a big enough flat space for it to fit on the back of my car. I can use them on the doors though. But I specifically wanted it to go on the back.

It almost worked, but a couple inches were sticking up from an indentation (and it said that the wind would rip it off). I didn't want to take the chance, so I didn't try it. So hopefully you won't have the same problem.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:49pm
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

The only exposure I've had to magnetic signs is so long ago, it's pitiful, so if the technoogy has changed, forgive this potentially silly question:

Can you put a magnet sign on a window? I want the sign at eye level, in my window, not on the metal part of the vehicle.

indy, they make clear static window cling signs as well! Pay only shipping!
That would work right??

DreamCakesOnline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamCakesOnline Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:00pm
post #21 of 36

cylstrial: the ones I used to have could be trimmed up with a pair of kitchen scissors. was the sign laid out so you could maybe cut it down to fit where you wanted to put it? I have an Odyssey van and a Camry, both with pretty big backends. I saw one of their signs on a friend's car (she told me about the free magnets first but I hadn't ordered any yet). I think it'll fit but if it doesn't I'll be getting scissor-happy!

ambercscott87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambercscott87 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:34pm
post #22 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaine

check vistaprint.com. They sell car magnets that you can probably do something like that on. That way you can use it when you like and take if off if not.

I second vistaprint.com! I got one from there and it's super cute and gets the message across!

cylstrial Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:41pm
post #23 of 36

I just saw one yesterday here on Cake Central. They are selling them in the Cake Central store now.

cylstrial Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:42pm
post #24 of 36
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:18pm
post #25 of 36

I just ordered mine! Can't wait!

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:28pm
post #26 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Here is what I ordered from Vista Print

I love it LOL!

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:22am
post #27 of 36

Just a question...
I've been thinking about getting one too but, I'm wondering...would I have immature drivers decide it would be "funny" to swerve near the delivery van when they see the sign??

To those who have had them on their vechicles...have you had any pranksters pulling something like this?

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:13pm
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmomma

Just a question...
I've been thinking about getting one too but, I'm wondering...would I have immature drivers decide it would be "funny" to swerve near the delivery van when they see the sign??

To those who have had them on their vechicles...have you had any pranksters pulling something like this?

That's when I would take note of my location, dial 911 and report them as impaired. Driving while under the influence of stupidity is impaired, IMO.

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 7:40pm
post #29 of 36

I remember reading a thread here a long time ago and several people said they drove with their hazard lights on when they delivered a cake. I did it. Once. People were FURIOUS with me. Swerving around me and honking their horns. I did better when I just drove slowly in the slow lane.

bverile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%