Martha Stewart Weddings Book

Decorating By yumcake06 Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm by sugarplumfairycanada

yumcake06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yumcake06 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 5

Hello I know some of you already own the book and I even found an old thread on the book but the thread was about the lack of instructions and I am wodnewruig if anybody knows how good the recipes are... they have tons of yummy recipes but wonderign how they are that's all.

I am also thinking about getting it on Ebay since it is a nice book for wedding cake ideas.

Thanks

4 replies
moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 5

I do have the book and have made a few of the recipes - they were okay. I have to say though that for me the best recipe was the vanilla custard buttercream. It was very good! The cream cheese icing was good as well, but a little runny.

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 5

The Mocha Spice cake is wonderful. And I have been using her IM buttercream for several years and get Raves.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 5

I love her Mocha Spice, Coconut, Carrot, White, and Yellow Cake recipes. Her carrot cake recipe is by far the best carrot cake I've ever eaten. I've actually had pretty good success with most of the ones I've tried. The only one that was no good for me was the almond pistachio one. Can't remember the exact name, but it sounded scrumptious but turned out, for me at least, tasting like some sort of a bread. In fact, we cut it up and put butter on it like bread and it was tasty that way. There are still a few recipes in that book I plan on trying sometime. I love that book for inspiration!

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 5

I have this book and have made 2 wedding cake designs from it this year but have not used her cake recipes. I like her swiss meringue buttercream and her italian buttercream and white chocolate mousse recipes. For more detailed instructions on some of the cakes in the book I have found them on her website which gives quantities, sizes of cakes, recipes and directions, etc.

I find the book to be a source of inspiration and a resource guide for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%