Mmf Vs. Michele Foster Fondant

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 4:10pm by Sugarflowers

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:47pm
post #1 of 6

I was intrigued by the Michele Foster fondant recipe, does anyone know how it compares to MMF? As far as workability? I often have trouble with my MMF being sticky or tearing...it seems like every batch is different and I feel like it's a gamble every time I roll it out..would the MFF recipe be more consistent?

5 replies
SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 6

sorry, also does anyone know which recipe of MFF I should use, there are 3 posted in the recipe section.

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 6

I love love love MFF recipe. I tried the MMF at first but found it sticky and messy to clean up. I have had No problems with the MFF . I use the updated recipe but I had used the original recipe as well. People actually eat the stuff too and like it. I cannot afford to buy it premade so I buy my gelatin at Bulk Barn ( a wholesale type bin store) and purchased glycerin from a cake supply store,therefore cutting overall costs.
Once again no problems with tearing or stickiness,even when it is coloured.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 6

Use the MFF recipe that calls for 2 tbsp of the ingredients, of two things. Can't link to it right now, but that's the one.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 6

I find Michelle Foster's much easier to work with and to make, also tastes great.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 6

Check your corn syrup. If it's very thin, then try adding 1-2 tsp. more gelatin. The makers of corn syrup have apparently added more water to it so it's very thin. This makes for very soft fondant. I haven't made any fondant in a while, so I'm not sure what the fix really is.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%