Not Sure If I Am Going To Cover A Cake In Fondant Or

Decorating By branbrielliott2 Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 7:35pm by xstitcher

branbrielliott2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
branbrielliott2 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 2

Just and smooth it out w/my BC...anyway
I am thing about makeing little flower w/the fondant..something easy...
If I do them ahead of time would they be way to hard or just not look right on a cake if I put them on later or should I do it all at the same time..I just like the look of the gumpaste ones that look like they cut it out w/ a itty bitty cookie cutter and then pushed it inward...so that is the only way I know to say how they look..thanks so much

one more ? for the middle does it look better to but a little ball of fondant in the middle or just just RI

Thanks again

1 reply
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 2

If you want flat flower cut-outs for your cake you would do them at the same time as you are decorating the cake so you can apply them right away to the cake. Here's an example:

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Flower-Garden

If your looking for flowers that look real (3d) then you need to allow them to dry. Fondant is great when you are just starting out because you have more play time before it dries out but gum paste makes your flowers look even more realistic because you can roll out it out real thin but the downfall is that it dries quicker. You could also use a mixture of both (50/50) which will allow you to roll thinner petals but gives you more time to make your flower. You can also add tylose to fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%