How Do You Store All Your Cake Equipment?

Decorating By Motta Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 1:50pm by Motta

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 15

Mine is piling up, big time! I keep finding products that I "need" and it's starting to get out of control. I have some stuff in the basement but some upstairs on the main level. Due to the different sizes and shapes, it's hard to store it in the pantry and cupboard.

Anyone have creative storage solutions??

14 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 15

Nothing creative here! LOL. I have a large shelving unit that has 4 nice deep shelves to it, but things have overflowed from that. I just bought 2 big plastic tubs at Walmart yesterday. I am going to put some stuff in those that I either never or seldom use. I plan to label the tubs so I'll know what's in them. I have 1 small room that is dedicated to my books, sewing machine and cake stuff and that's still not enough room! I also have one of those small plastic units on wheels that has 4 drawers to it. It's great for storing some of the smaller things like rollers, impression mats, molds, etc.

Motta Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 15

Yeah, storage tubs are on my list. That's cool you like sewing, me too.

kat518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kat518 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 15

Hi there one and all.....
I hang all my cake pans on the closet wall with small nails.....like nesting em......smallest pan...then on top goes the next size etc.....I went to Hobby Lobby using the 40% coupon and bought some very large containers that have covers on them....they are material covered in different colors... simliar to a hat box...this way I know what I have in each....I made a list of item of what is in the boxes and placed the list on the inside of the cover....so that if I use something up that I can replace it...like all my food coloring....
Hope this helps!!!
Kat icon_wink.gif~
Enjoy each & every day to it's fullest

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 15

Question: How do you store all your cake equipment?
Well according to my husband all over the kitchen....LOL

I have 2 rubbermaid tubs that I put my cake pans in and I have one of those 3-drawer plastic carts with wheels for some of my other stuff. This way you can move it around if needed.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price

Nothing creative here! LOL. I have a large shelving unit that has 4 nice deep shelves to it, but things have overflowed from that. I just bought 2 big plastic tubs at Walmart yesterday. I am going to put some stuff in those that I either never or seldom use. I plan to label the tubs so I'll know what's in them. I have 1 small room that is dedicated to my books, sewing machine and cake stuff and that's still not enough room! I also have one of those small plastic units on wheels that has 4 drawers to it. It's great for storing some of the smaller things like rollers, , molds, etc.

I do the same, I am always buying cake stuff I just also bought those containers on wheels with the drawers, to put cookie cutters and small items in, I used to do daycare and I closed a couple of months ago so I will dedicate that small bedroom to being my cake room I am in the process of repainting it and putting up shelves and so forth

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 15

Wire shelving works great for all sorts of pans, it can be put in a pantry or even in the basement. I saw it in a Martha magazine and its great because you can see where everything is.

Bonavolonta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonavolonta Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 15

I also have a large 3 drawer cart for smaller pans, buckets of fondant, etc. But, on top of that I have a med 3 drawer box, and a small 3 drawer box on top of the med one. I keep my tips, brushes, and small bags of pearls/dragees in the small one and cutters, gel colors and templates/disposable bags in the med one. My friends decorated it and surprised me with it after seeing my cake stuff scattered all over my kitchen. I love it! They said they intended it to look like a 3 tiered cake and it kinda does. lol So cute!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:39am
post #9 of 15

I now have a storage room for my cake plates where I had a shelf built. I also use those plastic containers for crafts to store the smaller items. I also make use of the fondant tubs to store some of my things.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 2:12am
post #10 of 15

I turned two China Cabinets into cake storage. One has glass doors so I put the things I use most often in that. I buy storage items when I find them on sale with drawers, etc. One has all of my Wilton colors with the new jars at the back and the open ones in the front. The bottoms hold cake plates, turn tables, cake pans, cake boards, etc. One cabinet has my Cricut supplies, cake decorating books and catalogs, airbrush comp and supplies. My home "office" is at the back of the house and not workable for cake decorating, I tend to want to be near the kitchen sink for ease of cleanup and for some reason, the light always seems brighter in the kitchen - don't know why that is. I've been thinking of buying the 6 drawer plastic roll arounds for things I use the most often in decorating, but was concerned about the weight of some of the things I would like to put in it. I keep things I don't use very often - big cake delivery boxes, large cake pans, etc in my office. I use the delivery boxes to actually store things between delivery uses. And I love my Wilton organizer (the new one with the storage on top for tips and the drawers). I can bring that to my work space and carry my emergency repair supplies in it when I deliver cakes icon_smile.gif

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:18am
post #11 of 15

On Good Eats, Alton mounted a magnet on the inside of a cabinet door, held the cake pan to it, then used a second magnet to secure the pan on. That looked really cool. Only thing, I would need to take a whole wall (or maybe 1/2 right now) for my collection! then there's all the other stuff....

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:31am
post #12 of 15

I saw someone on here used a scrapbooking cart she bought on eBay. It looked awesome! I'll see if I can find the link.

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:35am
post #13 of 15

I'm converting my husband's bar into what I call my cupboard room. I'm having walls put up and then filled with shelves with one wall dedicated to all my cook books. The colour scheme is black and white with splashes of hot pink. Ive even bought a chandelier (small) and lots of pink bits and pieces. It's how I would love to decorate my house but not game enough to do.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:37am
post #14 of 15

Here it is:
www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-615759.html

Motta Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:50pm
post #15 of 15

I just checked the link and I love that chest of drawers!

I was thinking the pull out drawers from Ikea would also be a good idea to keep the pans in order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%