Oops! I Left Out The Cream Cheese Frosting!

Decorating By brea1026 Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 4:32pm by gabbenmom

brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 6

So I made a batch of chocolate cream cheese frosting last night and accidently left it out on the counter overnight! Does anyone know it is is ruined? I don't usually leave it out if the fridge. I was also curious about this because I prefer chocolate cream cheese frosting over choc buttercream. I am doing a HM guitar cake friday- not to be pick up until saturday- and it is too big for my fridge so it will need to sit out.

Does anyone know how long cream cheese icing can sit at room temp? It is the decorators CC recipe: 1 cup butter, 1 cup short. 2 pkg cream cheese, vanilla, 2 bags powdered sugar, and a bit of milk.

Thanks for the help!
Breanna

5 replies
brea1026 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 6

please? anyone?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 6

I'm so sorry this happened to you!! Not to be a downer, but I personally would throw it out.

I once contacted Kraft Foods and asked how long I could leave Cream Cheese Frosting at room temp. They said 2 hours.

brea1026 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah, I think I am going to throw it out. Bummer!

jdrew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 6

I would use water instead of milk. I would have your house at 70 degrees or lower.

That's just idea for ya.

Cream cheese icing is my favorite to use!

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 6

I used this recipe for a red velvet cake last week. The cake set out with frosting (used some on cookies too) for a few days and was fine. It is the fat to sugar ratio that does it. As for cream cheese, to bring it to room temp to bake with, etc, it sits out longer than 2 hours.
This is just my opinion. HTH
Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%